Hi All !!!!
Hello all!!!
I didn't see a place for introductions, so I'll jump in here!
I'm Carmine (CAR-mine, not Carmen!! :p ). I grew up an Air Force Brat, all over! I've been in the hobby since Dad got me that first Lionel train set, in 1969!!

I developed my freelanced Pacific Belt RR, in 1975.... It's a Class 2 Branchline, serving the Pacific Northwest! Wink
I recently started my 10th layout, a 6' x 22' sectional HO scale layout.

I see A LOT of outstanding work, by very talented people here!! Wink
I've been in various forums since 1998 - I may actually know some of you!!
I'm just amazed in all that time, I've never seen this forum!!
I'm glad I found it!!! Big Grin

Here's a sample of my work...
[Image: IMG_20130207_011254_889.jpg] It's my Engine Maintenance Facility. It started from a Rix kit, and after A LOT of scratchbuilding and kitbashing later, I'm here, almost done!! 2285_
Carmine A. - CEO, Engineer, and Chief Bottle Washer! Tongue
Pacific Belt Model RR, Created 1975 - in my mind!
I've written that five times!! Everytime I went to Photobucket, to get another picture sharing code, when I got back, and opened this....
The page was BLANK!!! 35

I've got to figure out how that works! Wink
Here's the entry view of my Maintenance Facility!!
[Image: IMG_20130108_181328_691-1.jpg]
Welcome to Big.Blue. Looking at your pictures, looks like you're pretty talented yourself.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Welcome Welcome carmine Welcome
That little facility looks very good. I like the details and the weathered floor most Thumbsup
Reinhard
Welcome to Big Blue Carmine. We are glad you found us.
Your maintenance building is awesome. Cheers
I will look forward to seeing more of your layout.
I started my current layout in 2010. I have lost track of how many were before.
Charlie
Welcome Carmine,nice work sir.Hope your around for a long time.Need some more pics though. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Hey, glad you could join us! I'll echo the comments about your work. Great details and very realistic! Thumbsup
Great work Carmine. Welcome.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Wow...what a way to jump in! Great work on that building...and welcome to the Big Blue.
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
From a fellow Arizonian, we welcome you to Big Blue, Carmine. Welcome Welcome You might have heard of "The-Gauge" forums, or even Zealot. Well, we're an offshoot of them. A few years ago The-Gauge was melded into a few other hobby forums to become "Zealot". When Zealot was sold to a large for-profit group back in 2008, we decided a few months later to once again become what we started out as. We maintained the URL of "the-gauge.net", but took on our old nickname, "Big Blue" for obvious reasons.

And yes, there is a lot of talented people that show up here, and you can feel comfortable knowing that this is probably one of the most laid-back, family-friendly forums in the hobby. 2285_ 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Quote:
... and you can feel comfortable knowing that this is probably one of the most laid-back, family-friendly forums in the hobby.

Welcome - also from a further German member.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Cheers Thanks for all the warm welcoming, and for the great compliments for my humble work...

I'm glad to hear this is a laid-back place. I love my details, and superdetailing - but I'm NO rivet counter!!! Icon_lol
pacbelt Wrote:Cheers Thanks for all the warm welcoming, and for the great compliments for my humble work...

I'm glad to hear this is a laid-back place. I love my details, and superdetailing - but I'm NO rivet counter!!! Icon_lol

Good to know that, we have a special section for those guys.... It's out in the parking lot next to the smoking section. Big Grin Big Grin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Here's a teaser shot of my layout.... [Image: IMG_20130330_140730_169.jpg]
Its a teaser, because this is the only corner with any scenery on it! :p
Layout construction only just started this year.....