Adopt an orphan challenge
Well, I might consider this as I have a few uncompleted projects. Here's a list of possible projects:

-- I have a card kit for a corner grocery store that is about 1/2 or 2/3 completed.
-- my son & I started on an HO engine shed (an old kit that my Dad had). Hmm, this might work well on my new switching layout! so it could be a good option.
-- I also have a couple detailing kits whereby I could add more pipes and items onto 1-2 of my locos.

I'll see what happens!
Rob
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.robertrobotham.ca/">http://www.robertrobotham.ca/</a><!-- m -->
Should I decide to enter this challenge - - - - -

There are three " orphans "
1- A 76' Tank Car
2- The Shipyard has the remains of a wrecked SDL-39, on the property, that needs to be restored.
3- There is also a 120' Coastal Collier, that needs fitting out.

The problem here is, I would then have to orphan the new module's, new backboard, and there are "display options" that I would greatly desire to have that backboard be at least "presentable" for.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I have started a thread in the challenge to adopt, again, my little Mantua Shifter detailing project.

When I read the challenge title, I knew at once I had to post a link to this scene from Nacho Libre:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rk8em3o1ak">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rk8em3o1ak</a><!-- m -->

Some fan of the film has edited this scene - it is not that way in the actual film.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
OK folks, today is the day the challenge officially starts. I hope you all have decided which orphans you want to adopt. It's time all you procrastinators opened your challenge threads.
Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Congratulations to those who have started. I will be sitting this one out as the only priority project I have is (re)constructing my layout from next to scratch. There is no way it can be done in any contest time frame.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
I have so many projects going on right now that adding another one would just shut the whole system down.So I will set on the side lines and just cheer everybody on. 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
When it comes to "crastination", I am a "pro"- - - but, there's a week and a day before setting up for the next train "show".
Soooo....
The project has to be: Get the track laid and wired, and the connecting plugs wired, so I can connect the other two backboards, and then as much scenery as there is time to get done before June 28th.
I'd like to have the 66' yacht close to done, the Marine railway bogeys built, and some trees in place by then.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Hey folks, things have been a bit slow here these past few weeks. I know we've moved, but that should have given you all that much time to work on your challenge while we were off the air. For me, my excuse is that I was working the move all that time. Icon_lol Uh, what about the rest of the time, we won't talk about that. Nope I've not made any progress on my challenge, but that's not to say I won't, so everyone needs to get in gear, we've got just a little over a month to finish... or in my case, start. :oops: :oops:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1773&start=135">http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=135</a><!-- m -->
has been continuously updated last post a week ago.
The LHS contacted me about a "Ship Model" restoration, which is more an "Art" restoration, than ship model, but it has slowed things a bit, I'll post more when the marine railway cars are painted and installed on the module. I had to stop "mid paint" to do an update of the "restoration" project. Big Grin There's always somethi-------OK --- some excuse :o Icon_twisted 357 357
Just a reminder, this challenge end this coming Sunday, I know that some of you have finished and can relax, while others of us are still trying to play catch up. As like the last challenge, I will list everyone that entered, whether they finished or not and let the voters decide whose effort deserves their vote. If anyone doesn't want to be included in the list, please let me know in the next few days.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Please note that this challenge is officially closed. I will be opening a voting poll shortly so everyone can have a chance to rate how well the entries did. I will include everyone that entered regardless of whether they completed or not, or even got started. It's up to the voters to choose where they want their votes to go.

Anyone wishing to add to their thread is welcome to do so. We'd all like to see additional progress, but any posts after this should not be considered for voting purposes.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and