This week's ops
Ralph, This thread was a great idea, but to be honest I am seeing more of your scenery and buildings, I really like what I see.
Charlie
Ralph I don't know if you have every submitted your layout for publication but if you haven't you should.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Many thanks guys! I appreciate the nice comments!

Some time after the local to Kings Port is gone a KP&W transfer run arrives at West Mill for the float yard.
[Image: 006_zps6122abf3.jpg]

The twin F units pull the train beyond the entrance to the float yard....
[Image: 007_zps62b8085d.jpg]

...and back the train into the float yard tracks.
[Image: 009_zpsc072d8c2.jpg]
[Image: 010_zpsc2d5d696.jpg]
[Image: 012_zps31602e4b.jpg]
[Image: 011_zpsb8587bc8.jpg]

After finishing the shove into the float yard the F units will run light to Kings Port's locomotive facilities.
Tyson Rayles Wrote:Ralph I don't know if you have every submitted your layout for publication but if you haven't you should.

I agree with Mike...

This layout is right up there with the best I've seen on MRR...

A gorgeous railroad all around... Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
Cheers

I'm always delighted to see more photos of Ralph's layout! It is one of the main reasons I'm determined to fit a car float into my next layout.

Cheers,

Kev
Such is life
Thank you very much fellas. I won't discount your very nice compliments by pointing out the flaws I perceive in my layout. I'm flattered that you enjoy looking at the Kings Port Division!

I'll show just a little of the last train planned for this session. Its the run from Williams Yard to Selkirk (off layout). I stage it with the front orange car just visible under that overpass in the background and then back the power into it from the loco yard. This time the MOW train does cause a little bit of a glitch as the locomotives have to take a siding around it to couple onto the train. Then, when the train pulls out it will have to take that same siding to pass by. Not a big deal really, but a little extra interest in ops planning.

[Image: 002_zpsabf97a24.jpg]
[Image: 004_zps4209ce83.jpg]
[Image: 005_zps57e7d0a9.jpg]

That's it for this thread! Hey, post some of your ops, whether its with car cards, switch lists, computer generated systems, etc!
Ralph