Dothan Depot
I started another cardboard project. This will be the Dothan depot. The real one looks like this:
[Image: ACL_Dothan_Depot__Copy.jpg]

I started by cutting out the basic shape, noting that half of the depot is two-story and half is not. I made the "core" as kind of an L-shape, and then made the lower roofline to wrap around the entire building and an upper roof on top.
[Image: DSC00558.JPG]
Robin was famous for his cerealboard. I have "silkboard", a product of the container that holds two Silk (soy milk) cartons that are a necessity for lactose-intolerant family members. Parables about purses and sow's ears come to mind. Smile

Here is the other side after I added the lower roof and started on the bay window section trackside.
[Image: DSC00559.JPG]

Fial positioning of the lower section. Got silk?
[Image: DSC00566.JPG]

Here's what it looks like this evening. I added the windows and doors and patched some gaps with lightweight spackle. I did make one pretty obvious error, that being I made the pitch of the roof to shallow. In the real one, the roof over the single-story part is much steeper. 35 Oh well.
[Image: DSC00570.JPG]

Will take a break for now, so I can figure out how to do the roof tiles.
John
Postulo Quondam, Incidere Bis

Conecuh Valley T-Trak
"Modelling Southern Alabama One Foot at a Time"
John I'm not seeing any pics? OK now I'm seeing them. Those tiles oughta be a lotta fun!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
I used lightweight spackling for the roof, and then pressed thin Popsicle sticks into it before it hardened. Once it dried, I painted it with acrylic paints. It doesn't stand up to too close an inspection, but here it is.
[Image: image.jpg]
John
Postulo Quondam, Incidere Bis

Conecuh Valley T-Trak
"Modelling Southern Alabama One Foot at a Time"