rrpicturearchives
rrpicturearchives http://www.rrpicturearchives.net has never been a fast side at the internet. But it became a real problem during the last month. Each and every access takes at least one minute. I tried several different ways and providers to reach it from Germany but no help.
Do you have the same lame performance accessing the side from inside the US?
Reinhard
Only one minute to load an image? Based on my experiences I'd call that fast! And it's been that way for quite some time. I just tried to access the site a little bit ago to look for some specific photos and it took over 1 minute just for the home page to load. I took off another year of my life doing a search and when I finally found what I was looking for, it would take at least a minute or more to display each image! Their servers just can't handle the load.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
Thanks Ed. So, it's the server and not the looooong line over the Atlantic.
Reinhard
Yep as fast as VERY frozen molasses. LOL
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
ATSF/LAJ Ry Fan & Modeler
It's always been slow for me, but today, I can't even get on.
willie
willie
Their servers are probably near capacity. Whenever I go on that website, I feel like I'm on dial up internet.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
That's what happens when you have too many pictures and not enough bandwidth to run at optimum capacity for the visits.

It's like a bathroom at a MLB game
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Do you know the owners? Is it just a nice guy running the site on it's own expense? May be a moderate donation of many users could be helpful.
I send them a short email suggesting to add a donate bottom like big blue. May be they buy the required band width when the funds flow.
Reinhard
Strange things happen. About 6 hours later is rr picture archive unusual fast but got no answer to my email.
Reinhard
Glad it's worked out. My experience has always been slow, even in the days that work was faster than home.

Great resource though, so I was usually just patient... Wink

Andrew
I was there a couple of hours ago...Running normally-pictures loading as fast as always...
Gus (LC&P).
Just went there myself & it was up to speed again although it did slow down a little at the end of searching.
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
ATSF/LAJ Ry Fan & Modeler