Tourist train in Two Harbors, MN
My wife and I took a few days off to drive up the North Shore of Lake Superior recently. The weather as perfect and the leaves are just beginning to turn in some areas. One of our stops was Two Harbors which often rewards us with either railroad or ore boat action. This time I was able to catch the tourist train from Duluth stopped at the Two Harbors station. It has an eclectic mix of cars behind the SD-18...

[Image: 002_zpsaf6f31a6.jpg]
[Image: 003_zps582d5568.jpg]
[Image: 010_zpsf89d87c3.jpg]

including an Alaska RR RDC...
[Image: 004_zps12d61182.jpg]

a two level C&NW commuter car...
[Image: 006_zps4eba5bfd.jpg]

..a boxcar that had a heating or cooling unit inside that was roaring away...
[Image: 008_zps4a4cf12d.jpg]

and this pristine looking Soo Line caboose.
[Image: 007_zpsc68ae9a9.jpg]

There was also an old coach behind the Alaska RDC but the lighting didn't let me get a god pic of it except from this distance.
[Image: 011_zps7cffb24c.jpg]

All aboard!
[Image: 005_zps7f23cf9b.jpg]
Great shots Ralph. I love the composition and the lighting. Thumbsup
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Cool shots!!!! Hoping to make it back up there this fall one more time. Always something cool there at two harbors. Thank might be the last of the SD-M' s so it's pretty cool to still see it running and even being used.
Great Shots!!! Thanks for sharing!! Looks like you had a fun trip too Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
That's quite a consist behind the '18...!! That shot of the train reflected on the lagoon is great..!!
And that old train station is really beautiful..!! Got any more pictures of it..??

Thanks for posting... Thumbsup

Let's see some more..!!
Gus (LC&P).
That's all I've got for that train. You know, when I looked at that one pic I was puzzled about the reflection and then realized its the top of my car! I shot it from above the car roof! Looks like water though!
Ralph Wrote:That's all I've got for that train. You know, when I looked at that one pic I was puzzled about the reflection and then realized its the top of my car! I shot it from above the car roof! Looks like water though!

Could'a fooled me...And did... 357
Gus (LC&P).
That depot is really cool. That's where the first ore was brought to superior from the range. Have you ever had the chance to tour the museum they have inside of it Ralph? Very much worth it.
Nice Thumbsup That SD is a classic brute.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew