2013 auction #4: N scale BPS “Tracks Ahead” caboose
This is the fourth auction in the series that we’ve been presenting thru out the year. It is for a caboose as pictured below. It is one of the “Tracks Ahead” series offered by PBS. This car was generously donated by Mike Goad (Tyson Rayles) in anticipation that it will help in the fund raising effort that is need to support Big Blue. There is just one thing has been changed from the original, the BB&G logo has been added to make it even more of a collector’s car than it already was. A TA caboose is still available in limited quantities from PBS, but not like this one; this is truly a “one-off” car. This car, we hope, will become treasured and be a show of pride for your membership and support of the Big Blue Train Forums. The winning bidder of this car will receive, along with the car, a certificate of authenticity to document that it came from Big Blue. .

Now, let’s get started. We are offering this car to the highest bidder. Here are the bidding rules:
  1. There is no minimum bid and no reserve, the highest bidder at the time the auction closes will get the car.
  2. Please keep you bid raises in increments of at least fifty cents and preferably a dollar or more.
  3. You can bid publicly by posting it in this thread. This thread is for bidding only; any comments or questions should be made in this thread or by PM to either ezdays or ngauger. Non-bid posts will be deleted from this thread.
  4. If you want to enter an anonymous bid (just like the rich and famous do), you can PM either ezdays or ngauger and we will bid on your behalf, (we will post the bid amount, but keep your name confidential, just like at those big auction houses). You may also want to give us the maximum you would want to go and we’ll bid for you by adding one dollar above the last bid, up the maximum that you have set, again, just like Christie’s does for the big boys.
  5. The auction will run for three weeks and will close at noon EST on November 3, at which time we will announce the winner and ship the car to them.
  6. The successful bidder will pay all shipping costs. That cost is estimated to be around $5.00US.
  7. Payment can be by PayPal, check or MO. We will give the winner instructions on how and where to pay.
Good luck to you all.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I'll start with a bid of $7.50 2285_
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Thank you Mike once again for your most generous bid, especially since you donated this car in the first place. Big Grin

Let's see some more hands in the air folks, this car is a keeper, even if you're not int N scale. Remember, every penny of the proceeds goes to help support these forums.

2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Just a reminder folks, we do have an auction here. Mike has not only generously donated this car to Big Blue, but he so far is the only bidder. Let's get some bidding action here otherwise I may have to call on duffus to conduct things. :o Remember, duffus is from New Jersey and has a unique way of going after potential bidders. I won't say what those techniques are, but.......... 2285_ Shoot Eek
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I'll bid 15.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
nachoman Wrote:I'll bid 15.

Thank you Kevin, a most generous bid to get things going again. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:Let's get some bidding action here otherwise I may have to call on duffus to conduct things. :o Remember, duffus is from New Jersey and has a unique way of going after potential bidders. I won't say what those techniques are, but.......... 2285_ Shoot Eek

Whoa ! Eek :o Wink Big Grin For a minute there I thought you were referring to the one known as "the Concrete Cobbler", for the very creative and fashionable cement boots that he makes, for those "exploring" the deeper parts of the swamp. Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Hey, we have a bid of $15 for this fabulous car. No action in a while, so I really hope I don't have to call in Duffus, aka: "the bone crusher". 8-) From what they say, his techniques are subtle and leave no marks or evidence behind. :o He just takes all the fun out of an auction so if you're planning on bidding on the one-of-a-kind car, now's the time.... 2285_ Shoot

357 357 357 357
Remember, all the proceeds from any of our auctions go 100% to support Big Blue, so even if you do overpay a little for a car, it goes to a good cause. Thumbsup And just so you also know, we don't want to see anyone bid beyond their means either. Nope Things are still a bit rocky economically speaking, so we do understand when this is not a high priority for some, and so we do appreciate those who do bid when they can.

Mikey, I and the rest of the staff here are amazed at the support we do get for our members, whether it be moral or financial support, we appreciate it all. Worship Worship Worship
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
All kidding aside, we are down to the last three days of this auction, an I need not remind you that the proceeds all go to support Big Blue. Your generosity is appreciated, especially since some of the bidders have bid on, and/or, won a car that is not in their scale. Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:Mikey, I and the rest of the staff here are amazed at the support we do get for our members, whether it be moral or financial support, we appreciate it all. Worship Worship Worship

Wink All good things.............must eventually "pay the rent", and "moral" just isn't the "coin of the realm".
Please, just for a bit, think of what life will be like, if there's no "blue"............. just the storm clouds of "unnamed.com", and the darkness of "gone".
That really is a unique caboose..... do I hear the next bid ? Wink
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:Please, just for a bit, think of what life will be like, if there's no "blue"............. just the storm clouds of "unnamed.com", and the darkness of "gone".
That really is a unique caboose..... do I hear the next bid ? Wink

That would just mean that we would have a few hours of free time on our hands...

Wait a minute, that's not necessarily a "good" thing... Eek Goldth Goldth Goldth

Yes, we DO appreciate everything and everyone here on Big Blue!!!! Worship Worship
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
OK folks, this is Duffus (aka: The Bone Crusher) talking. Tomorrow is the last day of this auction and dey asked me to return and take over dis here one. The last auction I did for Big Blue brought big smiles ta management. Thumbsup I usually get big money for making a hit.... oops :oops: , I mean doing a job... Misngth , uh, but as a favor to repay a favor that was done as a favor to repay a favor as a favor (that's big syndicate talk) Icon_lol , I'm working for peanuts. (Well, actually, they let me use dat jar of crunchy peanut butter dat's been in the break room for over a year now... ) 2285_

We need some big action here. I know ye're waiting for the last minute to get your bids in, now's da time. I'm retired now and don't use those old ways ever since dey put me in da witness protection program, but I can come out of retirement anytime, so I'm asking you nice, pretty please, if you are going to bid, get with the program and bid before I have to...uh..., well, we won't talk about that...... Eek Eek
OMG, I didn't really expect The Bone Crusher to actually come out of retirement to help us. Big Grin He did, and although we miss his usual auction banter, his presence is enough to get most people motivated. Although the Feds think he is no longer a threat, at 6'9" and 350#, I'd still listen to what he has to say. Wink

Yeah, we're down to the last two days, so I'm hoping if anyone still wants to bid on this unique car, they don't wait much longer. Nope

Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
OOPS, now this is downright embarrassing, :oops: but somehow I thought the auction ended today, but after reading the rules, ones that I posted :oops: , I find we still have a few more days left before closing the auction. Icon_lol Yup, you still have until this Sunday to get your bids in. Nothing against Nachoman's generous bid of $15.00, but we would like to see more if possible. Even Duffus was disappointed that he had no influence in the bidding, so he went off to break a few bones somewhere else. Goldth We can't say where since he is still in the Witness Protection Program... Nope

If you want to bid and you can bid, than please do so before Sunday..... We thank you all though, regardless. You've been very good to us, and for that we're pleased... Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Don’t feel bad Don, I thought that yesterday was the last day too and I just read the guidelines a couple of days ago. Nope

I was going to pass on this because the caboose is in the ab“N”ormal gauge, but since it is on for a few more days I’m going to take this as a sign to get off my butt and help my friends out (I hope I can call this community that?). Cheers

Simple out bidding someone else who would really like the caboose doesn’t seem right, so what I am going to do to make things more interesting, is to match the winning bid with a donation up to $25.00.

So right now, with Nachoman's bid of $15.00 and my matched donation of $15 Big Blue will get a combined $30.00. Now, will someone out bid Nachoman and force me to dig a little deeper to match a higher bid? Popcornbeer

Let's all remember that this money is needed to support this wonderful resource that we are able to participate in. The Big Blue community is full of the best modelers that this hobby has to offer and I, for one, will be forever grateful to you.

Mark