Trains on this day in the past:
Charlie B Wrote:the 3rd one back was mine, I sold it in 2005.
Charlie
How often did you have an opportunity to run it on tracks? I assume a lot of planning is required to get the required permission.
Reinhard
There was one "short" line (56 miles) that we could run almost any time because they only used the upper 10 miles and we could just call the owner and tell him we wanted to ride. no problem there, With this line we went twice a year.
When I started to run the KJR I got to run more that I really wanted to, that's why I sold the car.
There is a group that sets up rides on different railroads and you pay to ride, most times it just covers their expenses. There used to be a ride through the Canadian Rockies that the group was treated as a train and had to run with orders. I always wanted to do that one. More here <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://narcoa.org/">http://narcoa.org/</a><!-- m -->
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:Enon Valley, 3 years ago[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Charlie

I just saw the second E8A today at National Train Day!
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Just a year ago.
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Looking back the train in 1997.  Kiski Junction loads of scrap from the Allegheny Ludlum Bagdad, Pa plant.     Charlie
Last year,     Charlie
Beautiful shot Charlie Thumbsup
cn nutbar Wrote:Beautiful shot Charlie Thumbsup

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Eastbound container train in 2013. Enon Valley
    Charlie
One of our excursions from last year.    

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Paint prep work, May 15, 2000 Schenley, Pa.    
Charlie
May 16, 1981 P&LE 1567 working on the Youngstown and Southern railroad eastbound at Adams road Mill Rock.  If you look in the road you will see a length of rail left from the siding to a water tower that was here many years ago.     Charlie
May 18, 1998 Kiski Junction train between the knotweed and boney pile along the Kiskiminetas River just east of Bagdad, Pa    
Charlie
Is that an AC unit sticking out of the window of that caboose? I guess there was a generator mounted under the floor to provide power for it.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
e-paw Wrote:Is that an AC unit sticking out of the window of that caboose? I guess there was a generator mounted under the floor to provide power for it.
Yes to the AC, no to the generator, It only worked when we were plugged into shore power. That was our home away from home for 9 years until we decided that we were going to hang on for a while and rented the house across from the railroad shop. Here are a couple of interior pictures.        
Charlie