Trains on this day in the past:
A meet at summit cut on June 30, 1978. Summit cut (MP37) is located just west of Homewood Junction, Pa

Charlie
Not a train, but a slimmer, younger  version of me on the way to do some track work    
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:A meet at summit cut on June 30, 1978. Summit cut (MP37) is located just west of Homewood Junction, Pa
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Charlie

Back in the days when trains were civilized enough to run a caboose..!!

Good pic..!!
Gus (LC&P).
I've been inside a few working caboose's. As for most there is nothing civilized about them.... Eek
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Westbound at Enon Valley, Pa a year ago.    
Charlie
Another westbound entering Summit Cut in 1977.  This area had just been cleaned by Conrail and made a great photo spot when the light was right.  Now the brush and trees have taken over.    
Charlie
    Charlie
From the caboose, July 6, 1998. Schenley to Bagdad, Pa.    
Charlie
A westbound manifest freight with an SD 70 in the lead last year. Mile Post 44, Pittsburgh Cleveland line.    
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:A meet at summit cut on June 30, 1978. Summit cut (MP37) is located just west of Homewood Junction, Pa

Charlie

I love this shot!
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
14 yeas ago at he Kiski, We had just finished the locomotive paint job and had done the box car to honor the Bi-centennial of Armstrong county.  The box car was a model of an O gauge car that a local train dealer had painted and was selling them.    
Charlie
Conrails' WPMA-51 at Winslow, NJ July 1995

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

It isn't real high quality but this was taken  from the West Street bridge in East Palestine Ohio, 7/10/1995.  The trees are taking over.     Charlie
Running very late a year ago today. Enon Valley, Pa

Charlie
An eastbound N&W with  high hood GP30 541 leading approaches Rook Yard (Greentree, Pa), in July, 1978.    
Charlie