Trains on this day in the past:
8/13/2014---Stuart St. yard.

Westbound at Wampum, Pa August, 1979.      Charlie
Conrail's Millville, NJ yard, August 1991.

Bruce

August, 1978 with a twilight meet  at the North Pleasant Drive crossing in East Palestine, Ohio about MP 49.2 on the Pittsburgh-Chicago main line.      Charlie
8/16/2015 at Enon Valley, Pa.     Charlie
I am really enjoying these photos. I have got to get around to scanning my rail fan photos. My dating of the photos can be hit or miss so with some I would have to make an educated guess as to the dates or months they were taken.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
(08-16-2020, 04:50 PM)tompm Wrote: I am really enjoying these photos. I have got to get around to scanning my rail fan photos. My dating of the photos can be hit or miss so with some I would have to make an educated guess as to the dates or months they were taken.

I have a similar problem, Tom, as I usually don't bother setting the date.  When taking layout photos at home, I take the batteries out of the camera, and run it using an AC adapter, as that way it's ready to use whenever I want.  It doesn't "go to sleep" as it does with batteries, but once I turn it off, after a photo session, there are no batteries to keep track of the date and time. 

I have lots of railfanning photos, originally taken on my own (and in those days, on film), but later on, a lot more, taken with my friends Ed, Charlie, and Bruce,  all Members here, and all better organised than me.

Wayne
I have the same problem, I have took so many rail fan pics, but never recorded when I took them. I know exactly where I took every one of them, but have ZERO idea when they were taken, so threads like this are so cool, but I can not participate in it  Nope   Icon_redface  Icon_cry
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
No one cares if you don't have a date. Post those pictures and let us help date them. I am doing that with my cousin on donated photos from over a hundred years ago and it is amazing what can be gleaned from a picture. 
Besides, I want to see them so if you feel you must lets start a thread for them. In fact, I will start with one or two. 
Charlie
8/18/1977, Eastbound manifest at East Palestine, Ohio. (East Palestine is 30 miles west of Conway, Pa., one of the largest hump yards in the USA at the time.)
    Charlie
Conrail's CA-11 at Carney's Point, NJ, 8/19/11.

Bruce

Eastbound at Mile post 50, East Palestine, Ohio. 8/19/1977     Charlie
New Castle, Pa August, 1978      Charlie
8/21/2013---rail-fanning with Doctor Wayne at Copetown.

August 1978, Westbound under the route 351 bridge at Enon Valley, Pa. MP 44.07     Charlie