Trains on this day in the past:
This eastbound manifest is crossing McKinley Road in Big Beaver Township, Beaver County, Pennsylvania in early October, 1977. Close to MP 38.     Charlie
Southern RR of NJ pushing back to the NJ Transit's line crossover at Winslow.  

Bruce

A pair of SD45s lead an eastbound grain train through East Palestine, Ohio in Early October, 1978. The photo is not as crisp as I like because it was getting dark. 
The head end is at MP 50, and the West Street bridge is in the rear of the picture.      Charlie
Westbound over the Beaver River on the CP branch October, 1978, Bridgewater, Pa.      Charlie
Green River, Utah, 10/3/18.

Bruce

Nice shot, Bruce, but are you sure that you're not one of the Beach Boys, 'cause you sure do "get around,'round get around". Goldth

Wayne
Wayne, Thanks, but not according to my wife.  Can't hold a tune and don't get around enough.

Bruce
Grantsville, Utah, 10/4/18.

Bruce

Well, Back in these days I didn't get around much so most of my photos are from my town or close by. 
Here is another East bound truck train at the Pleasant Drive crossing in East Palestine, Ohio October, 1978    
Charlie
A P&LE eastbound at Edinburg Pa October, 1978. The hoppers are probably loads of taconite for the area mills.  These tracks are gone.  The tracks to the right are now CSX,  originally B&O     
Battle Mountain, NV, 10/5/18.

Bruce

Eastbound at Bridgewater, Pa October, 1978, under the P&LE.      Charlie
Sparks, NV, 10/6/18.

Bruce

Cresson, PA, 10/7/09.

Bruce

Eastbound at the Market Street crossing, East Palestine, Ohio. October, 1978.      Charlie