Trains on this day in the past:
August 24, 1977. I was photographing the local into Lisbon, Ohio and was invited for a cab ride. The flagman drove my car into town so I reluctantly  Goldth accepted the ride.        
I took these last two after we got into town. The railroad was abandoned shortly after and a trail is all that is left.        
Charlie
Coming through the crossover at Buckeye block station in 1977. Buckeye was a manual block station wit trailing switches.  It was manned when trackwork had the track between New Galilee and East Palestine, or East Palestine and Columbiana.    
Charlie
A mixed consist heads this westbound trailer train through East Palestine 37 years ago.    
Charlie
A set of F7's head west through the cut at Franklin Square. 8/27/1977
This is the cut just west of Leetonia where PC had a 3 train wreck 2 years before this picture.    
Charlie
What a difference a year makes---the yard at Stuart St. looked much different on 27/08/2013

[Image: P1170588_zps6fd28edf.jpg]

Here's the same location taken last week

[Image: 014-17.jpg]
Borrowed power used as helpers. Running west light to catch another eastbound. 8/28/1977    
Charlie
8/29/77 roster shot of a GP9 at East Palestine.    
Charlie
8/30/1977. Twilight and a trailer train heads east toward Pittsburgh. 50 miles to go. It will probably be recrewed at Conway.    
Charlie
Still from 1977, west bound  with an ex Erie Lackawanna on the point.    
Charlie
A mixed freight heading west through the Market Street crossing at East Palestine 9/1/1977    
Charlie
Westbound just west of town.(East Palestine) I didn't see RS3"s often so I was glad for this one.    
Charlie
A pair of Norfolk Southern locos depart from the northern end of Millville Yard while Winchester and Western works the southern end of the yard September 3, 2013.

Attached Files Image(s)

At the B&W plant in Koppel, Pa. 9/3/77.  The plant has changed hands and is just a portion of what it used to be but it is still operating.     
Charlie
A year ago at Enon Valley    
Charlie
WPCA-51 at Winslow, NJ

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)