Trains on this day in the past:
November, 1978. Crossing back to track 2 at Buckeye. MP 50.8 (East Palestine, Ohio)     Charlie
Southern RR of NJ at Pleasantville, NJ, 11/14/16.

Bruce

November, 1977. Eastbound near the Neeld Road Bridge.      Charlie
Overlooking the Chessie yards with the P&LE Newcastle yard to the rear in November, 1978.    
Charlie
CA-11 at Carneys Point, NJ, 11/16/15.

Bruce

Bringing up the rear on a beautiful November day in 1978. New Waterford, Ohio.     Charlie
A westbound power balancing move at Pittsburgh Street, Columbiana, Ohio November, 1978.     
Charlie
November 19, 1977. Westbound coal at New Brighton, Pa.        Charlie
I would like to take a moment on this, the 7th anniversary of this thread, to thank Charlie for starting it and thank you to all who have posted. It's truly a look into the past of our common interest.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Thanks Tom. I am glad you have enjoyed this thread as much as I enjoy sharing my pictures.  This day has many fond memories and I will take a minute to explain. 
I have a good friend that is a notorious railfan named Joe Jack. It would not surprise me if there are members here that know him too. At this time Joe was a second  trick crew dispatcher at Conway.  I would drop in to visit him at times and Saturday night, November 19 was when this sequence started.  
      He told me to hang around until he was off and we would go for a beer.  By this time in my life I was not drinking but an occasional beer was OK by me. 
When he was done we headed for the James Motel which was right at the ramp to Conway yard and the hang out for all the railroaders coming and going to work.
(I do mean going to work).  
       He had checked on Amtrak trains and found 41, the Broadway westbound was running late and we decided that Canton Ohio would be the place to catch it in daylight, so we hopped in his van and away we went. (Canton is only 80 miles from Conway) This is the result of that stop    
       We left Canton, and Minerva, Ohio was on the way and Joe wanted to show me where the yard was. It was still a haven for F7's so I enjoyed the trip. We took many photos of them and it made the trip quite worthwhile. 

Charlie
1070 through Wilmerding ,Pennsylvania headed  West on 11-20-2016.

Todd

Attached Files Image(s)

November 1978, coal train crossing North Pleasant Drive, East Palestine, Ohio.     
Thank you, Charlie, for sharing that story. Very cool.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
11/22/2009. Westbound at Aley Hill road Mile post 36.4 on the NS Pittsburgh/Cleveland line.     Charlie
11/22/2017---Kinnear Yard