Trains on this day in the past:
12/04/2018---Aldershot 

December, 1978. Rochester, Pa.      Charlie
Going back to 1976, a roster shot of this SP SD40 unit on a west bound Conrail train at Smith crossover, East Palestine, Ohio.      Charlie
Hammonton, NJ, 12/6/15.

Bruce

Macungie, PA, 12/7/19.

Bruce

I have posted this one before, but it was so cold on December 7, 1977 that I am posting it again as a reminder of how cold I was. 
The Broadway Limited, #41 was at this point 6 hours late and was waiting to cross to number 2 track at Smith crossover, just one train length west of MP 51 on the Fort Wayne line.      And attached to the rear was the Conrail business car #4. Any executives in this car by this time were huddled in blankets because the steam lines were probably nearly frozen.     One of the drawbacks to being the last car in a steam heated train.     This last photo shows there is still some steam reaching them but how long will it be before the lines finish freezing?
Charlie
Love the SP Charlie Applause Icon_e_biggrin
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
December, 1978 A locomotive with a westbound train passes an east bound caboose of a train waiting for some track in Conway yard. Rochester, Pa.      Charlie
12/09/2015---CN Stuart Yard

Sometimes you don't get that "perfect" picture but years later it still brings back memories.  This one is eastbound and has just crossed McRoberts road, Darlington Township, Beaver County, Pa. just west of Enon Valley. December 9, 1977    
Charlie
a going away shot of a westbound at Rochester, Pa December. 1978.     Charlie
12/10/2019

December, 1976. Conway ALCo land.      Charlie
12/12/1976, Westbound at East Palestine, Ohio. Gas was 57.9 a gallon.      Charlie
12/13/2015 Creek 
New Waterford Ohio