Trains on this day in the past:
Conrail's Pavonia Yard, Camden, NJ, 12/19/13.

Bruce

Vineland, NJ, 12/20/10.

Bruce

Milepost 50, East Palestine, Ohio, in the days of the caboose.      Charlie
12/20/2020---something special at Bayview

12/21/2016---CP Kinnear Yard

December, 1978 Rochester, Pa.     Charlie
Macungie, PA, 12/22/19.

Bruce

December, 1976. Eastbound manifest with a pair of FP7s in the consist.     Charlie
Winchester and Western at Conrail's Millville, NJ yard, 12/23/09.

Bruce

This westbound is on the Fort Wayne line. The track to the left is the Bayard Cutoff in Rochester, Pa December, 1977.     Charlie
December, 1980. East Palestine, Ohio I will admit this is not the greatest photo I ever took, but it holds a lot of my memories. The white building on the left side is the building that housed Mackall Motors (Chrysler, Plymouth, and Dodge trucks) body shop as well as the Mackall Shaffer House Restaurant. I worked for Ronnie Mackall at his Ford dealership n East Liverpool for four years.  
On the other side of the tracks, across Market Street in the side of the building closest to the tracks was the local surveyors office, Ahmet and Associates. My wife lettered the windows for this business and Ahmet convinced her to come work for him full time. The kids were all in high school by then so she agreed. Ahmet was a Turk, and we became fast friends. He was also a professor at Kent State University and paid for Mary to take classes in drafting and surveying, as well as a couple other courses to make her competent in the field. (He would check a calculators accuracy by doing square roots) (He could do them in his head) 
In the other half of the building was Bob's Barber Shop.  Bob was one of several barbers in town and did very well. 
The car lot that is visible is the Neil Motors Ford dealership where I was parts manager from 1974 until 1983.    
The building on the left in the foreground was an apartment building, also owned by Ronnie Mackall.      Charlie
Pretty much the same weather conditions today as they were in 2015 at the Market Street crossing in East Palestine, Ohio.      Charlie
The local (CA2) in the hole at Buckeye TBS in December, 1977.     Charlie
Macungie, PA, 12/28/19.

Bruce

This SD45 is the rear unit in a power balancing consist westbound through East Palestine early in the brutal winter of 1977-78.     Charlie