Trains on this day in the past:
A Conrail manifest freight kicks up some snow as it passes under the  West Street bridge in East Palestine, Ohio during the brutal winter weather of December, 1977.     
Charlie
12/10/2019---scenes around my hometown

12/11/1976. Conway, Pa.      Charlie
Westbound 12/12/1976, East Palestine, Ohio    
Charlie
This is likely an auto parts train lead by a U33C eastbound through East Palestine, Ohio in December, 1977     
Charlie
A memorable winter for me - I was 11 and loved to tunnel in the snow and build snow forts. That winter was one of multiple days home from school and cold times in the snowdrifts. It was also the December when we had a house fire that gutted our house and forced us into a two-bedroom apartment while our house was renovated. The remaining model railroad stuff I have from the time still has a coating of smoke on the roofs. I do remember one morning when the wind chill approached -40 oF. Snow pack up on the Pocono Plateau was several feet thick for at least the winter months. Tough year on the deer, too. Had to be tough on the railroads.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
December, 1978. Westbound at Rochester, Pa, going Bayard Branch.     
Charlie
Coal train at the Kiski Junction Railroad on 12-14-13.

Todd

Attached Files Image(s)

Conrail helpers at Buckeye TBS December, 1977.     Charlie
12/15/2015---CN331 passing through my hometown

Conrail's Pavonia Yard, Camden, NJ, 12/15/19.

Bruce

Westbound at Enon Valley Pa. 12/16/2014     Charlie
12/16/2020---CN Stuart Yard

I am about out of new old pictures of trains so to keep posting new pictures I will slip in a roster shot now and again. This one is a PC FP7 at East Palestine, Ohio.     
Charlie
12/18/2015 on the Y&S at North Lima, Ohio. IBCX 77, formerly NCIR 77 BAR 77    
Charlie