Trains on this day in the past:
414 looks familiar, ,, she now has one black truck and one silver.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
2/10/1977 Westbound, East Palestine, Ohio. Maximum track speed 10MPH.    
Charlie
just before sunrise 2/11/1977 heading east at the Pleasant Drive railroad crossing in East Palestine, Oh.    
Charlie
SMS Baldwin AS616 at Bridgeport, NJ February 11, 2011

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Bruce, are the Baldwins still active?
Charlie
Charlie,

Yes they are, SMS Rail's loco roster is mainly made up of the Baldwins.

Bruce
Thanks for the reply Bruce, another place I would like to see.
Charlie
Charlie,

If you ever get down this way let me know and I'll make arrangements to see their operation at Bridgeport.

Bruce
Thanks Bruce, I will try to take you up on that offer, but it won't be this year.
Charlie
Westbound on a sunny February  12, 1978. East Palestine, Ohio    
Charlie
I don't have any pictures dated today, but here is one dated Feb, 1979. Amtrak #30, the National Limited had to detour via the Fort Wayne line due to bad weather for several days.  A train from St. Louis, it normally ran the panhandle line, and out the Columbus line.    
Charlie
Valentines day. 1978. The weather here pretty much the same as today. Extremely cold with slow orders on the track. Trains were stalling on the little grade going out of town to the west because they were underpowered for the slow speed. It's hard to get a run for a hill at 10MPH.  This train is heading east for Conway. as cold as it is hot coffee and a warm room will be welcomed.     Charlie
East bound 5 years ago at East Palestine.     I am getting tired of seeing all of this snow. I see where another ship is caught in the ice in Antarctica. Doesn't mother nature know it's summer there?
CSX 4425 runs light through Bridgeport, NJ February 15, 2014.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Just seeing those pictures sends shivers up my back....
After spending close to 11 years in Wisconsin I decided I'd had enough of snow and below 0 temps, so I moved as far south as I could get...
I'm just a few miles from the Mexican border... 357

Not much train action going on here, though...
Gus (LC&P).