Trains on this day in the past:
February 27, 1978. New Waterford, Ohio.  A good friend bummed a ride, sitting in the Fireman seat.  He was a crew dispatcher at the time.      2 years later I had the same seat in an F40PH
Charlie
February's  last day this year, and here is an eastbound at Leetsdale, Pa in 1981.    
Charlie
Coming out of Summit Cut, heading for Conway. A dreary morning , 1981.    
Charlie
At Delaware Ave, Philadelphia, PA March 1992

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

A Conrail SW1001 heads WPCA-51 on its return to Camden after setting out cars on the interchange for the Southern RR of NJ. March 1993

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Westbound under the "New" Brookdale Ave. Bridge in East Palestine, Ohio March 2, 1978. The old bridge was the victim of a derailment on March 1, 1970 and the county had just come up with funds to replace it.     
Charlie
Central of New Jersey F3 ABA set at Winslow, NJ March 1994

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

March 3, 1979 just south of Alexandria, Va.    
Charlie
A little early for March 4th but I won't be around the computer tomorrow. East Palestine, Ohio with a real variety for a locomotive consist.
The weather is pretty much the same as it was here in 1978.    
Charlie
Southern RR of NJ GP9 at Winslow, NJ March 1996

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Conrail WPMA-51 at Winslow, NJ March 1995

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

March 5 2010-

My girlfriend and I were driving home from a museum trip, while passing under the Delaware Extension of the High-Line in Philadelphia (this heads towards the stadiums in south Philadelphia). I asked her to take picture of this bridge because I thought it was interesting. Neither of us saw the eastbound CSX freight show up until it was right there! Thankfully (in this case anyway), traffic was slow, and she was able to take a few good shots.

Gotta have that camera out!

[Image: Cameradumpoctober2010071.jpg]

[Image: Cameradumpoctober2010073.jpg]

[Image: Cameradumpoctober2010074.jpg]

The coal train below went on for miles, but we never spotted the locomotives. that track is either a old B&O and/or Reading line, CSX now.

[Image: Cameradumpoctober2010075.jpg]

I also spotted some Silverliner IVs earlier that day.

[Image: Cameradumpoctober2010058.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
A sunny day in March, 1978. Eastbound at East Palestine    
Charlie
Conrail Shared Assets CA-51 comes out of the interchange with the Southern RR of NJ at Winslow, NJ March 2000

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

CR 8118 heads up WPCA-51 at Winslow, NJ March 1996

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)