Trains on this day in the past:
JWB, those were B&LE cars. Probably being returned to the home road in Ashtabula. I think the P&LE had trackage rights to Ashtabula over Conrail at that time.
here is a video on one of my youtube channels of the OC bridge and portions of the Port Perry branch From April 11, 1987
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQD_rniX9Jg&feature=c4-overview&list=UU9KIqwlIhm0GYcP-WBhwviA">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQD_rniX ... cP-WBhwviA</a><!-- m -->

Charlie
The B&LE cars got around. A friend of mine had a bunch of slides covering a derailment of those cars on the PRR, carrying Venezuelan ore from Philadelphia. I converted a bunch from the old AHM ore cars (which were B&LE prototype) using Champ decals. How time goes by!
Not to far in the past ( only last year) CNJ / NS #1071 sits in the Allentown yard licking her wounds.

And the remote controlled units that hit her.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
e-paw Wrote:Not to far in the past ( only last year) CNJ / NS #1071 sits in the Allentown yard licking her wounds.

[at
Where does the time go? Thanks for joining in everyone.
Charlie
#41, Broadway Limited, late again due to the bad weather. February 14, 1978    
Charlie
Four years ago all ready,  East Bound NS train at East Palestine.     cHARLIE
We had some visitors from a foreign road on this date in 1978, Here they are taking a train west toward their home road. The bridge was supposed to be from the old Y&O railroad, a local interurban, and moved to this location. I don't have any way to prove that, but it does look like a leftover from interurban days.     cHARLIE
A pair of CSX GE locos clearing the Conrail Shared Assets Beesley Point Secondary.    

Bruce
West through East Palestine, Feb 20, 1977     cHARLIE
Climbing out of Summit Cut 4 years ago. NS C40-9w heads  train of double stack containers. The remnants of our 30 inch snowfall are still visible.    
Charlie
While looking through my grandfathers old photos I came across these. He was part of the 288th Field Artillery Observation Battalion during the second world war.. All of these pictures are from Feb 8th 1946, ( not quite this day in the past, but close enough ) when his unit destroyed a German rail gun. From his notes on the back of the pics this is somewhere north of Grafenwohr Germany.

My grandfather is the man standing sideways in the top two pictures. Standing with him in the top left picture is T/S Meury and Cpl. Carney. T/s Meury is also in the top right pic near an overturned car that was part of the rail guns train.

In the bottom left Cpl. Carney is standing the damaged breach of the gun.

In the bottom right Meury and Carney are standing next to the 90 foot long barrel.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
February 25, 1978 Rochester, Pa

Charlie
A lone GP7 coming out of Summit Cut in 1978. Snow Snow and more Snow, same as this year. 
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Amtrak Broadway Limited #41 Feb 27, 1978 just a mile west of East Palestine.    
Charlie
At least today it is all snow so far. That wasn't the case in '78

Charlie