Trains on this day in the past:
Beautiful shot Charlie Thumbsup
Cheers and it's also nice to see her with a clean stack and nobody with a camera ruining the view. Misngth

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:Cheers and it's also nice to see her with a clean stack and nobody with a camera ruining the view. Misngth

Wayne
And it was running light because of a bearing failure. Here is the whole consist.     The supposed story is it was the first run after some maintenance and according to a machinist friend they installed a new bearing, machined the way they are supposed to be, which he said in this case was wrong. It should have been sloppy there fore it was running hot under a load so they tied the helpers to the rest of the train and took it to Pittsburgh and back to Orrville. The 765 went east as far as Homewood Junction (just west of Beaver Falls, Pa) and turned on the wye and went back west. They got the bearing fixed and it ran the excursions the next week end.
This picture is from the bridge that was practically in my back yard at my other house in downtown East Palestine.
2 years ago at Enon Valley     Charlie
A year ago in my hometown

[Image: 003%20Large_1.jpg]

[Image: 007%20Large.jpg]

[Image: 011%20Large.jpg]

[Image: 012%20Large_1.jpg]
5/13/2013     Charlie
Near Clarksburg, Pa. On the Keystone branch that was being built.    
14/05/2013---my catch of the year.First of all what is a CN locomotive doing at CP's Kinnear Yard Eek and secondly,look at the train's consist---I thought the aliens had landed.Turned out that this was a wind turbine being transferred to the shores of Lake Erie.

[Image: P1160575.jpg]

[Image: P1160583.jpg]

[Image: P1160591.jpg]

[Image: P1160590.jpg]

[Image: P1160588.jpg]

[Image: P1160585.jpg]

[Image: P11605912.jpg]
Back on 15/05/2013 these GP9's were the regular power as Kinnear's yard switchers

[Image: P1160613.jpg]

Later in the day I spotted some of CP's latest additions to their roster

[Image: P1160604.jpg]

[Image: P1160595.jpg]

[Image: P1160603.jpg]
A rare catch as the Triple Crown Roadrailer heads east through Bayview on this day in 2015

[Image: 018_2.jpg]
Wow Ed, that is a great shot. The road railers have been discontinued on the Fort Wayne line, and it is the end of a unique era through here.
Here is the Y&S pulling scrap from Industrial Rail Scrap in Darlington, Pa, past someones idea of a unique yard ornament. May 16, 1981.    
Charlie
May 17, 2014 under the PA Rte 351 bridge east of Enon Valley, Pa.    
Charlie
Today you certainly don't see this type of combined power that I spotted sitting in Kinnear yard on this day back in 2013.

[Image: P1160625.jpg]

[Image: P1160622.jpg]
18 years ago I climbed the bony pile in Bagdad to get this shot. If I tried to do it today I would have to be life flighted. Kiski Junction tourist train in the early years.    
Charlie
May 19, 1985. Nickle Plate Road 765 is on the P&LE crossing what would become the New Castle Industrial Railroad in Pennsylvania. It has just come off the Conrail PYA branch on a ferry move.     Charlie