I hope you're all having....
As good a week as I am. I am getting ready to do a months worth of locomotive engineer and brakeman training in Jamaica of all places in a couple of weeks. This makes all of the dirty, snowy, cold, dank, crapholes I trained at all winter worth it! I just found out I saved $6,000.00 in lodging expenses due to a mix-up with the client (I thought I was going to have to pay lodging at their corporate lodging, turns out, THEY pay it), I just started a new business relationship with a large rail company this morning on a conference call, and got great news from another one I am working for that they just aquired 30 new sites. More work than I think I could handle, so I may have to call a friend of mine out of retirement to help out. Always a great feeling to have that problem in today's economy! I got an email that my 2 new custom Bachmann Centennials are now in the mail and headed here, I just got offered a great deal on a low mileage immaculate 2006 Chrysler Sebring for Alicia (Candy Apple Red, her favorite color!), and now I get a call from the son of a late friend of mine that the family wants to sell me his collection of Old West Firearms (I do Old West Gunfighter shows) and am going over there in a couple of hours to pick them up. Bob was a GREAT man, a wise old man who had a HUGE impact on my life and inspired me to take life one day at a time and enjoy it. He was loved by EVERYONE who he ever came in contact with in the Old West Reenactment community, (<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.spiritsoftheoldwest.org">www.spiritsoftheoldwest.org</a><!-- w -->) as he was the legendary, infamous "Bandit Bob Missouri". To be given his custom made leather rig to go with the pistol is a real honor. His trademark pistol is an identical twin to one I already have. Ruger Vaquero, .45Colt, Stainless Steel finish, ivory grips with conchos replacing the Ruger medalion, and a competition trigger spring and main spring kit for quickdraw competitions. We bought them at the same time, he got one, I got the other. Beautiful pistols. Together, we were "The Missouri Gang" as that is where we are both from. He passed away suddenly 2 years ago, and I miss him dearly, our whole team does. I didn't have the cash to get the collection, and was kinda bummed, but my little brother (himself a gunfighter) called my dad and they both called and insisted they loan me the money until we collect on the Jamaica job. Not a bad day considering it started with severe indigestion, a sleepless night and an abcess over one of my teeth this morning huh?

I hope ALL of you, my friends here at the Gauge have been having as great a week as I have been so far. I pop into several model railroad forums, but THIS is "HOME". I really enjoy your company and commaraderie, and really appreciate your kindness and friendship. May you and yours, ALL, be blessed ALWAYS.
Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Trainers & Consultants
Stockton, CA
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com">http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- m -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com">tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- e -->
[Image: gaugetraingifsigUP.gif]
Congratulations on an amazing day, Tom! Here's wishing you have many more. Cheers

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Ya mon congdadulations mon. Icon_lol Cheers
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
Quote:a wise old man who had a HUGE impact on my life and inspired me to take life one day at a time and enjoy it.
Sounds to me like you learned the lesson well.
Enjoy your month in Jamaica! Thumbsup Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
So jealous.

Congrats on all of the above! Have fun in Jamaica. Thumbsup
That's great Tom! Good for you! Jamaica sounds very good to this Minnesotan. Smile

Ralph
have fun tom Thumbsup ,what i would give to leave ohio and head to jamaica right now Icon_lol --josh
Women may not find you handsome,but they'll atleast find you handy--Red Green
C&O ALL THE WAY--[Image: chessie.gif]
Ahhh....you LUCKY.... 357

Enjoy yourself. It's sounds great!
Thanks for sharing all that!! Man - too good!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Well Wished right back at you!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Thanks guys, I am looking forward to a little R&R down there. Hopefully when I come back, I can put a little more time and money into modeling projects. I have several started, but what i am looking forward to most upon return is to see how Alicia does with her first projects. She insisted I get her a few building kits and scenery supplies so she can build a city block of houses for the layout in a diorama. She's really wanting the IHC San Francisco style victorians (I think they make 5 different ones) and a community swimming pool to go with it. I'm really looking forward to seeing how she does with it!
Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Trainers & Consultants
Stockton, CA
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com">http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- m -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com">tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- e -->
[Image: gaugetraingifsigUP.gif]
Tom
My wife and I are so excited and happy for you! God certainly had his hand in all that happening at once! Stay safe, and "don't forget to write." We will be praying for you and your wife. God Bless!
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"