4X8 layouts
Here is a couple of pic's of a car I've been working on for the Dundee transload yard. It is a old Mckean model kit that i built ( bring back the kits) 60 ft center beam & a load built out of match sticks !!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice job K47, those loads took a lot of time but really complete the kit. Thumbsup
Charlie
Here is the look I 'm going for minus the snow , no buildings just a track to transload on !!!!! & my pic's of my Dundee transload yard !!!!!!!! still a work in progress :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup [Image: 1795625_10203269517883269_2000797514_n_zpse490f020.jpg]

Attached Files Image(s)

Great scene, and the poles look great placed too.
Charlie
If that's the look you are going for...then I think you are well on your way to "nailing" it! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

That is a great choice of a scene to model Wink
Steve
Very convincing lumber loads. What did you use for the straps? Thumbsup
2285_ That prototype photo ! THAT, would make an excellent diorama, snow and all !!
Like the model scene Thumbsup

Matchsticks.........who'da thunk it !!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Great lumber load !
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
He is a few pics of PRT 7071 a splat car they use for switching & shoving cars around !!!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=2437566">http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=2437566</a><!-- m -->

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is PRT 2457 Alco C-425 & PRT 7071 shoving platform in EL heritage paint !!! This is a old atlas/kato that I put new led's , number boards in & a TCS decoder in ( sound will come when TCS cones out with there diesel decoder ) The PRT will use this loco to run on the NJT to pick up the cars at the interchange track since this is the only one with cab control that NJT demands . The EL paint is special to me because these are the locomotives the ran on the old branch-line that was near my house when I was a 8 yr old kid !!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is a couple of pics of the bascule bridge i been working on for a while !!!! It shows PRT 2457 ALCO C-425 in EL Heritage paint with 2 empty covered hoppers crossing the Passaic River on there way to the interchange track !! It's still a work in progress !!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

Now that says New Jersey. It looks like you cut away some of the baseboard to put the river in, too. Can you show more of what you did? Great job!

How about some red dirt and lots of bramble bushes?
It will have wait till the weekend because thats the only time I can work on it !!! Your right i did cut the baseboard for the river , the plans are for a tug & fuel barge for the bio fuel terminal . time & $$$$$ , It's in the early stages , a work in progress!!!!!! Thumbsup
Here is some pics of my Bridge & river scene !!! The 1st is on the east-side of the bridge it's a wooden trestle & piers made out of popsicle sticks, caramel apple sticks & match sticks!!!!! 2nd is NS local 5256 GP38-2 & crew with 4 cars crossing the river to deliver to the PRT interchange !!!! 3rd is my homemade tugboat , made out of some scrap wood ,all still works in progress!!!! Something happen to me not to long ago, I got to ride on a Tug & actuality be in the wheelhouse & in contol of 1500 hp for about 10 mins , VERY COOL !!!!! I can cross that off my bucket list !!!!!!!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is a couple more pics of the tugboat & barge, I've been working on !!!!!!!!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

PRT crew with 5709 & 7071 Shoving platform working the back part of 1st yard , crossing 1st street , flag man protected with a loaded gon of old asphalt roofing shingles from Coastal recycling & switching empty for a loaded gondola of shredded steel for BTO enterprises !!!!!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)