4X8 layouts
Here are some pics of the bulkhead walls for small Bio fuel plant & the tugboat & barge I built , still a work in progress!!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

I like it how you have a harbor on a small layout. Very small but realistic.
Reinhard
I like the small harbor also, my only knit pick about it would be to change the water color to a dark green. It'll give the illusion that the harbor is deeper and let's face it, the rivers and creeks in NJ that see barges aren't exactly a nice shade of blue. This is a good how-to video that explains some easy to follow steps to paint realistic looking water
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wgWt137zpkQ">https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wgWt137zpkQ</a><!-- m -->
To be honest the water is a old shower curtain !!!! I still haven't painted the final color on the wood yet !!! There still is some bridge work to do !! a work in progress!! Thumbsup
Gotcha, I thought you painted it blueish/grey.
Here is a project I've been working on & off for a while , It's a staging (2) track , hidden by a hi-way at one end of the layout !!! not sure yet if I will make flip up or add on track yet ? still working on the bridge & harbor Have to think about things you know how it is !!! Still a work in progress !!!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

Can't wait to see more of what you do with the drawbridge!
Here are some pic's of the harbor (Did a iittle work to it) NYS&W 3018 crossing with 4 cars !!! Painted the water Next witll be building a control tower for the bridge !!! still a work in progress!!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm impressed by how well the shower curtain portrays water with waves!
Here is a couple of pics of the Hi-way & concrete wall , that the PRT tracks follow to the NJT switch !! I made the wall out of a dollar store (garage sale sign ) it has a plastic coating so it takes paint good , The Hi-way is made out of take & bake pizza boxes !!!!!! I only did It one side of the tracks so far since i put the wall in saturday !! It will also hide the NJT/NS tracks & the switch to the staging tracks!!! Still a working in progress!!!!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

Did some more work on the PRT track that abuts the highway that leads to the NJT/NS switch!!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

I did a little work on my portable staging yard. It's a fold up ironing board that I mounted a piece of wood on it with 2 tracks. The train enters the layout on the other side of the viaduct !! early stages !!! still a work in progress!!!!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is some pic's of somethings I've been working on , the operating building for the drawbidge & a scene at the end of the line a dead end just before the tracks enter the small Biofuel plant, still a work in progress !!!!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

The water does look really good. The rest of the layout is getting a really disgusting, dirty, nasty big city look, in other words very believable ! Thumbsup Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Here is something else I've been working on , It's a bus to rail transfer on the NJT main line & a restored old railway station , caboose & semaphore signal that is now a historical railway museum . I didn't have room for a real station so this is my compromise . still a work in progress!!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)