Picked up a new camera - Nikon s31
Wondering if anyone has used this Nikon " Coolpix" S31 . My old Kodak Easy Share C1013 ( 10.3 mega pixels ) bit the dust and I just picked up the Nikon . I'm really a low level photog at the best of times so I bought it for occasional family/dog/mrring pics .

Anyone used this camera ? Comments ?

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
My Kodak C913 bit the dust also. I ended up with a Nikon S3000, 12 Mp and 4X zoom. I think it was less than $50 shipped. Like you, I'm very low level on pictures. Works for me just like I want.

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx
I use a Coolpix L24, 14 Megapixel / 3.6X zoom. I have to be careful about what the camera focuses on. I make sure that the subject of the photo is in the exact center, as that seems to be what the camera uses for the auto focus.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:I use a Coolpix L24, 14 Megapixel / 3.6X zoom. I have to be careful about what the camera focuses on. I make sure that the subject of the photo is in the exact center, as that seems to be what the camera uses for the auto focus.
Same with my Nikon Coolpix L20. That and the flash isn't always crazy about acting right.
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
My only problem is , not with the camera , but resizing the photos to post them on this Forum . Sure wish I had my old XP instead of WIN 8.

T
teejay Wrote:My only problem is , not with the camera , but resizing the photos to post them on this Forum . Sure wish I had my old XP instead of WIN 8.

T
I hear ya. I have Win 8 on my home computer. I resize my photos in Photobuckets editor.
Collector of Apple //e's

Yeah , thanks , forgot about PB ....used to use it a lot , then they've changed their format a couple of times ....drives an old guy crazy .

T
I know what you mean. It drives me nuts too. I just kept working with it until I figured it out.
Collector of Apple //e's

OK , now that I have the pics 800 x 600 on Photobucket , how do I get them here ?

T
Click on the photo thumbnail. In the next screen you'll see the photo. To the right of it are a series of options. Scroll down and click on the IMG option (not the IMG thumbnail option though) and you'll see it light up for a second and you'll see 'Copied' flash for a second. Then come here and right-click and click paste or you can press Ctrl-V on your keyboard. That will paste the photo IMG tag line here. You can do this with as many photos as you desire. When you're done click 'Submit' and your photos will be posted.
Collector of Apple //e's

Thanks , RB , I'll give it a try .

T
Got it figured out RB and thanks for the help from you and Don .......even found that I have a Fotki account that I'd forgotten from the old computer !

T
teejay Wrote:OK , now that I have the pics 800 x 600 on Photobucket , how do I get them here ?

My seven-year-old computer has a 1280x800 display and my office computer displays at even higher resolution. It's probably time to rethink how big your processed images are.
I think that photobucket automatically re-sizes them for posting here. I re-size only the ones which I place in the Gallery here, and they're from my computer, not photobucket.

Wayne