gondolas
Had some snow today so no work on the layout ,so i did some work on my gondola fleet . Here is a pic I took ( not great but you get the idea ) of what I'm going for , there hauling old roofing shingles from a C&D recycler & some of mine. Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice work..
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Can't image a class one RR like NS doing a "patch" job that bad. Must have been done by a stoned hobo cause even a tagger couldn't do one that bad, even stoned Icon_lol LOL
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
ATSF/LAJ Ry Fan & Modeler
lajry Wrote:Can't image a class one RR like NS doing a "patch" job that bad. Must have been done by a stoned hobo cause even a tagger couldn't do one that bad, even stoned Icon_lol LOL

I've seen patch jobs that was cruelly hand written in the days following the split of CR. Neatness wasn't the order of the day.I've seen slanted road names and initials on freight cars.

Perfection is what modelers do.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Good Job on the gons! Years before I have seen photos of that "bad" patch job from a class 1 railroad.
Have fun and Happy Railroad gons!
Marco
C & O.... for Progress
When I make suggestions, I almost always try to include photos showing what I mean. It'd be great if other guys did the same, except here maybe photos might go the other way.

I believe ELS is a GE short line, with its cars maintained by GE. In this day and age, we can probably consider GE an honorary class I.
Here's a true Class I with a sloppy patch job:

Ah, to be an armchair "expert".
Great Work!!
357 357 I'm no expert where "armchairs" are concerned, but I have seen enough prototype aberrations to know that just about anything can happen, and that brains of solid rock are not limited to "government". "Dumb things", happen !!! Icon_twisted
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
What did you use for the screen cover on the red Burlington gon?
Ralph ,what thet use at the yard to cover the loads are pieces of orange construction fence tie together ,so I used painted (orange) tulle fabic!!! Here is another pic not pacthed out yet!!! Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

Clever! Looks right to me! Thumbsup
OK, now I know what the orange color on top of the prototype Gon in your first posted photo was.....pieces of orange construction fence tied together !
:o Another quick visit to the sharp leading edge of a learning curve 357 357 Cheers
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
You know you can buy it orange right? Unless you like painting it, whatever works for you. It looks good though, good idea.
jwb Wrote:I believe ELS is a GE short line, with its cars maintained by GE. In this day and age, we can probably consider GE an honorary class I.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the ELS is the Escanaba and Lake Superior which is a privately owned railroad up in my neck of the woods (literally, way up nort der eh in north east Wisconsin and the Upper Penninsula of Michigan). They're quite a popular road, using lots of good old equipment to include a few Baldwins.
Tyler D.
General Manager
[Image: image.php?album_id=238&image_id=4544&display=popup]