thread not showing under active posts.
I just replied to a thread, and it no longer shows under view active topics, I reposted using the back button, and that post showed as a duplicate but when I returned to the "view active topics" the thread still doesn't show. I can find the thread by going to the posters user name (a newbie I wanted to welcome) but then it still doesn't show. I wonder if there are more threads that have disappeared from me.
Charlie
the post was in reply to <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1917">memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1917</a><!-- l --> first post here
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7337&p=131494#p131494">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7337&p=131494#p131494</a><!-- l -->

Is this missing from everyone or just me. I can view this thread fine from a view active topics, or perhaps the first post are being moderated?

Charlie
Yet the thread shows under view new posts....figure that one out, and thanks Ralph for deleting my double post.
and I got the email message that a new post had been made.
Charlie
You can see your post, so it's not missing. I can bring up the thread by clicking on "view new posts", but it doesn't show yet under active topics, since two posts doesn't constitute an active topic. We do not hold back or moderate new members, if they're going to spam us, we usually dispatch them very quickly, so we basically trust everyone... at first... Icon_lol

Anyway, I don't know how many posts it takes or anything else necessary to become an active topic, it's in the software and we don't have control over that. I'll check though and see if I can find it. I rarely use that function anyway, I bookmarked a link to "view new topics" and that's how I get here. That's a better way to see the latest posts anyway..
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I'm seeing the same thing.. It shows up under new posts - but not under topics...
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Thank goodness I am not crazy..... Goldth
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:Thank goodness I am not crazy..... Goldth
Charlie

Well we can't vouch for that Charlie. You could still be crazy, just not this time............... 357 357 357 357

Still, your best bet is to use, "view new posts", and/or "view unread posts". There is some sort of time limit on "view new posts" dictated by your cookies, but there is none with the unread post link.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Once again I have discovered a post that doesn't appear under active topics, and as the other was, is from a new new member. (model a)
He posted under the get to know us topic. I only knew about him because he PM'ed me. A lot of us check only active topics, and since it is an active topic it should have shown up. It does come up under "new posts" but to check the new posts for me I only show 4 topics, and there are many more than that.
Most topics do show under view active topics, so that is my landing page when I visit.
Charlie
It just occurred to me that there may be a minimum number of posts before a thread becomes an "active topic". I don't know this for sure and I can't find any settings that we have to control this if indeed it is true. I'll research this a bit more and let you know what I find out.

My link to here has always been "view new posts" since that's what I'm interested in. Second is "view unread posts". I can count on one hand the number of times I've even used, "view active topics" because the other two are sufficient.

I'll keep you posted if I find anything.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
When I have started a new thread it always shows up instantly as an active topic
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:When I have started a new thread it always shows up instantly as an active topic
Charlie
OK, that saves me some time, but I'll still do some research and see if anyone else has this problem or a solution.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hokie, dokie, I found the problem and it now works like it should. Thumbsup If you find any more like this, please let us know now that I know how to fix it. In this case, both problems were in the same sub-forum so we hope that care of things.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Yes sir, it shows up now. Thanks Don
Charlie