Weekly Photo Fun 1/10 -1/16/13
Caught up with WPMA-19 as it was working the Galloway Industrial Track. This is a Monday to Saturday job that signs on at 7 AM. 9617 was switching Mid Atlantic Waste Paper.        

Then set out two cars at Galloway Cold Storage    

They moved up the line to switch the ACME CO., this required the engineer to shut down 9617 and walk back to 7527. They then spotted a tank car at ACME and after coupling the engine back on the train secured 7527 and again walked up to 9617.        

Once everything was ready they would proceed back down the line to switch Garden State Paper and Seaside Foods, then head back to the yard.

Bruce
The switching crews exchange waves on the Allentown turn.    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  

Cheers, the Bear.
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
Here are a couple of pic's i took this week!!!!! Thumbsup Eek :o 35

Attached Files Image(s)

Bruce, what is the source of the industrial building on the left in photo 3, the one with the reefers?
jwb Wrote:Bruce, what is the source of the industrial building

John,

I got it from <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://new.cgtextures.com">http://new.cgtextures.com</a><!-- m --> Look under industrial/buildings. I used four of their pics to make up that building, which I mounted on styrene. You will have to do some adjustments as no two pics are the same dimension.

Bruce
D&L power crosses Washington street in Scranton PA on this rainy morning.    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Great pictures this week already, both model and prototype!
Kamerad47, wish I'd seen that tug when I was freelancing one for my layout's carfloat scene. Below is a shot of a KP&W freight near Empire Grain at West Mill..
[Image: 006_zps2e675683.jpg]
great pictures everyone, and Ralph, that is a great shot. It realy shows off your workmanship
Charlie
Ralph - I really admire the way the background and backdrop fades from foliage to green mountain colors then to the sky in the background. Great sense of depth and distance. Nicely done!
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Ralph Wrote:Great pictures this week already, both model and prototype!
Kamerad47, wish I'd seen that tug when I was freelancing one for my layout's carfloat scene.
This tug started out as the Revell Harbor Tug kit:

I added about 1 scale foot of height to the main deck cabin, by adding a styrene strip, around the bottom of the cabin structure. The cabin roof/1st deck, is from the kit, from there up is scratch built.
In any case, that kit gives you a full hull ( at the very least ) to start from.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:This tug started out as the Revell Harbor Tug kit:

The tour ship, is "on hold" while the Schooner Phantom gets some work done, and while I "grow the patience" to do the handrail soldering......."patience?".....the brass posts for the railings are set in the styrene deck of the model....gonna need a few "heat sinks" too!. :o :o Wink Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Caught this clean and shiny leased power on Sunday. The lighter color on the lower half is reflected snow.

[Image: IMG_6694.JPG]

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
kamerad47 Wrote:Here are a couple of pic's i took this week!!!!! Thumbsup Eek :o 35

I think I've seen that tug boat around! It looks like one I've seen travel past the shop I work at a few times. I tend to notice it since its different from most of the other tugs I see.

Earlier this past fall-

If your eyes are sharp, you can spot the US Navy's smallest aircraft carrier in the background. Though it no longer belongs to the navy, its used for helicopter training.

[Image: P9070809.jpg]

[Image: P9070816.jpg]

[Image: P9070817.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Patches and ditch lights made the CR GP15-1 suitable for my post year 2000 layout. The bulbs are replaced with 1.8mm LEDs. They are a perfect replacement.
[Image: IMG_3012_zps831c9d7f.jpg]

ps. I is hard to find prototype photos of CSX GP15-1 with that old CR paint scheme. A bunch of CR GP15-1 with Quality paint scheme made it with CSX patches many years after 2000. The new Athearn CR GP15-1 have that paint scheme. I plan to patch one for CSX use (probable #1554 catches on photos in 2011!)
Reinhard