Weekly Photo Fun 1/17 -1/23/13
NJ Transit ALP44 #4405 Pulls away from the special fairgrounds spur, carrying weary amusement park visitors towards home. The future of the fair grounds special is in doubt as the the fairgrounds may soon be relocated elsewhere.

[Image: P1090410.jpg]

Cab Car 5150 has seen better days as it, along with #4405, approach retirement. In reality, these locomotives built in the early 1990s have already in storage for a couple years and are likely doomed to scrap, and the Comet II Cabs have been long gone. Their life span has been surprisingly short, considering they are supposed to be upgraded AEM7s, many of which are still running even today from as early as 1979-80!

[Image: P1090417.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
I just find myself in a "Haze Grey, and Underway" frame of mind, so,
The first of seven ships I served in :

The last of the seven:

Yeah, I do, Wink every so often, Smile miss the Sea. Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
The road crew of PRT 8205 drop off 4 cars from the interchange for the PRT 1528 to switch the Dundee transload yard Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

A Conrail B23-7 working as WPMA-29 does some switching at Absecon Mills.

Bruce            
With almost all steam goon from the system oil electrics are now the dominant power at the round house. With the delivery of the new FM's that now rest under the coaling tower the last steamers are being striped for parts and scraped.     The Trainmasters are less than two weeks old and will take over almost all main line freights on the SH&D. This shot was inspired by this one>>>> <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=352992&nseq=47">http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 92&nseq=47</a><!-- m -->
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Two is better than one on the AMG.

Cheers, the Bear.
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
e-paw...that whole scene is spectacular! Worship Everything looks "right". Beautiful work! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Well.....it has been a long time since i posted a pic, but i have finally gotten back to mrring. I hope everyone on The Gauge is doing well Thumbsup

[Image: Yard070small.jpg]
Steve
Nice one Steve! Glad you're posting! Thumbsup
Here's a big reason I started my conversion to DCC: the ability to speed match locos of different makes, motor types, and gear ratios. The A unit is one of the Bachmann sound equipped FA-2s, while the B unit is a Walthers Trainline FB-1. The Walthers is an early run with the bad wheels, which I replaced with NWSL. I installed a decoder in it and matched the speed and momentum to the Bachmann unit by playing with starting voltage, mid-range voltage, and momentum settings, and now they run together very well. I'm feeling my way with sound, thinking for now that one unit with sound in a consist is probably enough -- I get the bell and horn, but don't get too much annoying engine noise. I am going to have to listen more carefully to DVDs to see how things actually sound on the prototype.

I added a number to the Bachmann unit with Shell Scale number board decals so I can address it. I still need to dig out my NYC diesel decals to get a number to add to the side of the unit.
Ralph Wrote:Nice one Steve! Glad you're posting! Thumbsup

Thank you Ralph....I appreciate it Thumbsup
Steve
Steve Wrote:e-paw...that whole scene is spectacular! Worship Everything looks "right". Beautiful work! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Well.....it has been a long time since i posted a pic, but i have finally gotten back to mrring. I hope everyone on The Gauge is doing well Thumbsup

[Image: Yard070small.jpg]

WoW...!!! I see you haven't lost "the touch"..

Beautiful scene...The rust on the roofs and trash really make it an A++... Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
Metroliners under slightly better lighting conditions-

[Image: P1120472.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:Metroliners under slightly better lighting conditions-

[Image: P1120472.jpg]
G.E.C, those Metroliners look great! These are really the only pictures that I have seen so far of them on a layout.

Under the lighting conditions at your home layout, the plating looks really good. I don't think it looks too shiny, but instead adds to the realism. Too bad you didn't have the Metros when you visited Andy Rubbo's layout a few months ago, you could have done a photo shoot there too!
Welcome Welcome acelaphillies
Hope you find Big Blue a definite "destination" for inspiration, camaraderie, and.... Wink Smile .... the posting of some photos.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
acelaphillies - Welcome aboard!! With a name like that - I gather we're from the same ara Smile Smile

Have fun and look around, there's plenty to enjoy here...
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???