CSX transfer caboose/shoving platform
I'd like to use a Bluford Shops transfer caboose and turn into a CSX shoving platform.
[Image: b0c11c67-032c-40a7-b247-bac86117828e_zps88bef466.gif]
This one in particular...
[Image: CSX16607-LoveShack2_zpsd06a5ac2.jpg]
I'm going to use Microscale decals MC-4075 CSX Bay Window Cabooses. I'm not very familiar modeling anything CSX, what acrylic paints would I use to match those of the prototype? I just picked up a CSX GP-15 so I thought they would go together nicely.
Most Hobby shops should have the color you need.
Yea I was able to figure it out, paint is on order.
Good dude post pictures when your done dude.
I got my decals and paint in the mail today but the polly scale csx yellow was not included and I paid for it so I have to figure out what the deal is with that. The csx colors are discontinued so if I can't find it I have to figure out another yellow. I took the cabin of the caboose off the frame, removed the handrails and windows. It was a pain to remove, a few things broke but nothing too serious. I'll get down to stripping the paint in a few days
I was able to work on the cabin today, there's still other details that I need to work on and some touch up but this is it so far.
[Image: 20140225_164213_zps2298fedd.jpg]
[Image: 20140225_164232_zpse458211b.jpg]
[Image: 20140225_164246_zpsb1c70489.jpg]
It's starting to look great! Keep the updates coming :-)

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
Looking good....that is going to be beautifully "ugly" when you are done Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Wink
Steve
Nice work so far Thumbsup

Keep posting progress pics.
Thanks guys, I needed some other parts for it before I could continue plus parts for other projects and I was trying to put a list together so I could order everything from one place. Cheaper shipping and less cardboard build up. I should be back at it soon.
So this caboose project is long gone and has since been sold. However, my interest reignited after I saw Bluford Shops came out with a CSX version. Also I was searching around aimlessly on shapeways.com and came across a 3D printed roof for the Bluford model which is more prototypical than the stock smooth roof. These factors made it an easy choice to purchase. In the picture the 3D roof is just sitting on top of the cabin while the paint dries, but the roof snaps into place nicely.
[Image: image.jpg1_zpswdw81dj9.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg4_zpssnqifkro.jpg]
Looks great!. Definitely a car for modern era switching layouts. Maybe I´ll buy one.
postman Wrote:Looks great!. Definitely a car for modern era switching layouts. Maybe I´ll buy one.
Thanks postman, I'd like to fit it with a sound car decoder and finish it with some really heavy weathering.
The roof makes the difference.
I got mine two days ago and they look somewhat naked with the plan roof.
Reinhard
It's a quick and easy fix and definitely makes a big difference with its appearance. IMO it's the worth the $20 or whatever it was.