Weekly Photo Fun Feb. 7-13, 2014
Not much of a picture for starting a new WPF thread, but time to do so. Misngth

If you're building a structure kit which provides separate castings for the doors and windows, I've found it to be easier to mask-off the gluing surfaces with the parts still on the sprue, rather than scaping paint off later.
Lay the tape out, sticky-side-down, on a smooth surface (glass is ideal), then use a fresh blade and a straightedge to cut it into strips narrow enough to fit the sprue-mounted parts. Multiple identical items are usually in rows and columns, allowing single strips of tape to cover many pieces.

Here's a sprue all taped (except for that round window Curse ) and primered:

[Image: ChangesatElfrida014.jpg]

...and the same one after painting, with the tape removed:

[Image: ChangesatElfrida016.jpg]

Wayne
I took this shot yesterday while sitting at the light on Rt 1/9 where it crosses Rt 7. The train was backing west over the bridge towards Harrison. I was hoping that it would clear the sign before the light changed but, they stopped with sign blocking the lead unit.    

In typical Jersey traffic, I got stopped at the next light right under the power Big Grin . So you see I didn't get very far, but with trains to watch I wasn't complaining.    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
And a close up shot of the near by power plant.    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
WPMA-61 the nightly transfer from Mannheim Yard to Camden drops some cars at RailPort

Then picks up cars on the CP Rail interchange track that are heading to Camden    
After coupling back up with the rest of the train then waits for the main to clear for the run to Camden        

Bruce
I had the same problem the other day, only I couldn't get a good shot of the real catch, an ex Southern railway Hi-hood GP38. The locomotives on this train typically split up to switch the various industries on the line. This photo is on Marne Highway, just east of the intersection of Ark Road.

5277 is not stranger to these rails, its ex Conrail 8070.

[Image: P1310554.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
e-paw Wrote:OH-NO Doc.... we had the same idea 357 357 357 357 357 357 357
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7428">viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7428</a><!-- l -->

We may need to merge threads.

Done. Wink Goldth

Wayne
PRT 8205 & crew with 9125 in tow on the NJT main going over Dundee bridge , headed to the interchange to pickup 4 cars NS local dropped off overnight!!!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's another grab shot from the car, a UP local that serves several leads in Vernon, CA. It has worked the leads to Cargill and Farmer John Packing, is tied up here, but with a new crew will work the Huntington Park lead just to the south. Pretty big train for just a few industrial leads.

A short local from Kings Port to Penvan waits...
[Image: 001_zps10e20cdb.jpg]

..for a long through-freight powered by two powerful RSD-12s..
[Image: 003_zps6275033f.jpg]

[Image: 004_zpsde529ba0.jpg]

[Image: 002_zps915e970c.jpg]

[Image: 005_zps7b82b965.jpg]

.....Once the train has passed the local gets underway..
[Image: 006_zpsa26868af.jpg]

...and quiet returns to Kings Port for a while...
[Image: 007_zpsa389d607.jpg]
My trackmobile moves cars around the shop area on our club layout.

Its getting to the end of our show season, one more day tomorrow, and then next Saturday/Sunday. Then I need to move that 40 car monster train home, as well as my Metroliner and NJ Transit push-pull without breaking anything.

If any of you are near South Jersey, Its free, open 12-5, Go here for directions. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.electronicsolutionsco.com/bcmrc/location.htm">http://www.electronicsolutionsco.com/bcmrc/location.htm</a><!-- m -->

[Image: P1090407.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
A modified billboard similar to the billboards found at Cermak Rd with an authentic display from Cermak Rd (grabbed from Streetview)
[Image: IMG_3087_zps86c5816f.jpg]
Reinhard
Nice pics this week so far everyone.

Southwick & Winsted GP-38-2 works the Connecticut Fastner plant.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
The newly acquired Piggy Packer making its first lift

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

That is a nifty Piggy Packer!
A local rancher watches as UP 806 takes water.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ray Marinaccio