Weekly Photo Fun Feb. 21st-28th
Thought I'd kick this week's thread off with a couple of pics of some scrap metal loads made from painted pencil shavings. I've seen a couple of members use this technique and thought I'd give it a try!
[Image: 012_zps30f4b76b.jpg]

[Image: 011_zps05f1c445.jpg]
Reading Company Silverliner IV-

[Image: LastweekofSeptember2010046.jpg]

[Image: LastweekofSeptember2010048.jpg]

[Image: LastweekofSeptember2010051.jpg]

NJ Transit F40PH push-pull. I have a few F40s, but I almost never use them (mostly due to my preference for electrics). I planning on adding DCC to them sometime before next october, so that I might be able to run them during my club's open house as well.

[Image: P2130675.jpg]

[Image: P2130682.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Ralph, your scrap loads look right well done. Thumbsup Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Drove by the Huber Breaker in Ashley PA with Tomustang to see what's left. Only the main breaker and power house remain. They will be coming down in the spring. This shot is how the breaker complex looked up till the 1950's when the foreign coal dump was built to the left of the main building. There coal from other mines would be dumped and carried into the breaker. From the foot of this complex an inclined railroad called the Ashley Plains carried all the eastbound freight on the Jersey central. It also hosted the worlds largest rail yard dedicated to coal. The CNJ's "back track" was built around the Plains and mountains during the second world war to speed up east bound traffic flow.    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Great picture..!!
Sad to see infrastructure like that in such a sorry state....Price of progress, I guess.... Sad
Gus (LC&P).
Maine Central caboose in Canann Conn. Not far from the station. Looks like it was converted into an outdoor café.

Attached Files Image(s)

Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.