Freelance 2014-2
I really like the design of this latest industry ... The 'bridge' between the two buildings makes a really interesting feature Thumbsup

Cheers,

Kev
Such is life
First thing I like about these new buildings is their size.They are actually big enough to deserve rail service. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
I agree as in many layouts railroads serve industries that are smaller than the box car parked in to it. Looking good as allways... Thumbsup Thumbsup
Kev1340 Wrote:I really like the design of this latest industry ... The 'bridge' between the two buildings makes a really interesting feature Thumbsup

Cheers,

Kev

Hear, hear!!!

A great idea, Reinhard.

jonte
Thanks a lot for the kind words.

The basics are done so far. I will proceed with some details tomorrow.
[Image: IMG_3278_zps40ec644b.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3279_zps3e65fce8.jpg]
Reinhard
The front side got a small loading dock. It helps to integrate the building complex into the overall layout by aligning it to the front tracks.
[Image: IMG_3284_zpsfef0ae12.jpg]
Reinhard
Reinhard,

Very nice job. I especially like the overhead enclosed walkway.

Larry
Some weathering applied. Wash and dry brush techniques are used. I like to use cotton swabs instead of brushes too.
[Image: IMG_3285_zpsafd4ff4d.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3286_zps775487a6.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3287_zps57e40c32.jpg]
Reinhard
Reinhard,Your building reminds me of the old Westinghouse plant in Mansfield, Ohio before it was demolished.

The walkway(aka skyway) was between plant #1 and #2.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Added some details. It is amazing how the time flies doing details.
[Image: IMG_3289_zps1f6273eb.jpg]
Reinhard
Kev1340 Wrote:I really like the design of this latest industry ... The 'bridge' between the two buildings makes a really interesting feature Thumbsup

Cheers,

Kev

Cheers That elevated walkway underscores the size and weight of these structures, I love it. You've done an excellent job of seamlessly integrating it into your building as well. Overall, a very credible scene. Well done!
The underside of the bridge is a perfect place to run three pipes between the buildings.
[Image: IMG_3294_zps8fe5c1f4.jpg]

The uniform main front got some small window fans and four downspouts
[Image: IMG_3292_zps028a5fa2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3295_zps62245815.jpg]
Reinhard
Looking good Reinhard!!!! Thumbsup
Great sense of realism and detail - the piping under the pedestrian walkway would be something easy to omit, but really completes the scene. Well done! Thumbsup
New industries must be served by rail
I am in doubt if
- BN used GP38-2 in the late 70s and early 80s to serve industries while they still had a bunch of SW1200, SW1500 etc.?
- A building like the BLMA model of the yard office (foreground) in LA fits into the same timeframe (late 70s - early 80s)?
[Image: IMG_3299_zps8fb0f5fe.jpg]
Reinhard