Pending Athearn GP7u - minimum radius
Hi,

I'm considering ordering the latest Athearn GP7u due for release late 2014/early 2015.

However, amongst the accompanying notes on the website of the model shop (in the UK) from whom I intend to make my purchase, I note that it states a minimum radius for the loco of 18 inches. The problem I have is that the ovals of track at each end of my layout are 15 inches each, so I was wondering whether any members out there could advise e.g. perhaps they already have another model from the Genesis range that currently negotiates tight curves such as mine?

Incidentally, the frames of my Bachmann 38-2 have no problems on the 15 inch curves.

Hoping and trusting I've placed this in the right section of the forum, and thanks in anticipation,

jonte
Jonte, this works. The grid is cm. I put the flex track at 38cm (15") in a 90° curve. In fact is the curve not equal and even worse under the GP9.
[Image: IMG_3248_zpsd85d505d.jpg]
Reinhard
Hi Reinhard,

Thanks for yet another prompt response Thumbsup and thank you for taking the trouble to demonstrate that these little Athearn engines are more than capable of plying the circuitous route of my Downtown layout Wink

Funnily enough, I looked at a couple of other (larger) Athearn locos also due for release later this year and via the same retailer, yet no mention was made of minimum radii. I wonder why they were so specific abouth the CF7?

Not that I'm doubting you for a minute, Reinhard Thumbsup

That's indeed a weight off my mind.

jonte