5 Teens Abandon Van on Regional Rail Crossing....
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9516994">http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?secti ... id=9516994</a><!-- m -->
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Happy to see that no one on the train was injured.
I would have to say that there are 5 teens, who have made it to SOMEONE's >@^% list.....What were they thinking !!?
:oops: :o Icon_twisted Oh ! :o wait, Wink They WEREN'T !!! Icon_twisted 357 Icon_twisted 357 Icon_twisted
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Not too smart. Did they push it there on purpose or did it stall and they couldn't get it out of the way in time?

This kind of reminds me of the ending of "Back to the Future III", where Marty comes back to 1982 riding the DeLorean on the tracks. He jumps out just as an oncoming train hits and demolishes the car. I always wonder why the engineer didn't stop the train just like they always do in real life. :?
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Sumpter250 Wrote:Happy to see that no one on the train was injured.
I would have to say that there are 5 teens, who have made it to SOMEONE's >@^% list.....What were they thinking !!?
:oops: :o Icon_twisted Oh ! :o wait, Wink They WEREN'T !!! Icon_twisted 357 Icon_twisted 357 Icon_twisted

It's the same logic that makes people say "I would LOVE to be on the Jerry Springer Show."
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
I suppose those teens was out mudding or going to a party location away from the public.

We have such a place here in Bucyrus underneath the old NYC(T&OC) bridge on the Spur industrial..Its even called the party bridge.

Lots of empty beer cans and 40 oz beer bottles as well as drug needles or so I been told. Sad
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
I'm guessing it must not have been to much of an impact, that Silverliner IV looks pretty intact. Still, its weird that someone would just abandon the car. Its not like the police won't be able to find the owner.

The real question is were those teens supposed to be out with that SUV or Van in the first place? It makes me wonder if it was taken without the owner's consent.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]