Weekly Photo Fun 5/2 - 5/8/14
Shore River 416 shoves a string of CP paper cars into Pier 32

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

CN SD75I at Enon Valley Pa, May 2, 2014    
Charlie
Hi Charlie---now I'm really jealous ( Icon_lol )---a Canadian National locomotive in your backyard---are you getting bored with all those heritage units that you have to borrow our power as well.I wonder whether this is some sort of pay-back for the Lackawanna locomotive that was recently spotted in Canada.
Ed, I am seeing a lot of CN and CP power, well, a couple anyhow. Goldth
Charlie
Inspired by Charlie's photo I tried to find a picture from my backyard with shared power from the Norfolk Southern---this picture was taken in the summer of 2012 at Bayview

[Image: P10809269.jpg]
My three year old at the controls of the big Baldwin in the Franklin institute in Philly.    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
This is one of the things I did this week 2 Tugs & barges waiting for the RR bridge to open!!!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

A BNSF Barstow-Modesto manifest, with a lot of wine cars, halted for track work just south of the cement plant at Monolith, CA

The locos are distributed power helpers, a UP AC4400 and a BNSF ES44C4.
Here's a few railfanning shots taken by my granddaughter Charlotte, who's 8 years old. She's also a pretty good train operator. Thumbsup

At the shops in Lowbanks:

[Image: _2014_04_19_1366.jpg]

Grand Valley Consolidation 28, on the Maitland River bridge:

[Image: _2014_04_19_1367.jpg]

And sister 27, hustling past GERN Industries:

[Image: _2014_04_19_1372.jpg]

Leased CNR Fairbanks-Morse H12-44, on the Speed River bridge:

[Image: _2014_04_19_1368.jpg]

...and pulling into South Cayuga:

[Image: _2014_04_19_1369.jpg]

Wayne
I love the photo on the Maitland River bridge Thumbsup
Reinhard
Wayne, is that a reworked Mantua in the first photo?

Here's a shot of the depot in Joy's Camp. I'm really liking the way this is coming out.

Attached Files Image(s)

--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Looks good, Kevin. Thumbsup I always liked those MDC structure parts and thought they offered a lot of possibilities.

I used some in Bertram's, mostly in the structures around the smokestack:

[Image: Picturesfromnewcamera-2013022.jpg]

[Image: Foe-toesfromfirstcd218.jpg]

...and the foundation of this coal dealer's elevator turned into a grain storage bin:

[Image: Grainelevator-coaldealer003.jpg]

[Image: Grainelevator-coaldealer006.jpg]

....and for the oil house at Lowbanks:

[Image: Foe-toesfromTrainPhotos2007third-11.jpg]

I still have a few more wall and roof sections left, and they'll probably find a home on the upper level of the layout....whenever I get around to building it. Misngth

Yeah, that loco is a Mantua Mikado. It's got a can motor, flywheel, and NWSL gearbox, and it's currently being re-lettered for a friend who's bought it .

[Image: Foe-toesfromTrainPhotos2007thirdcd4.jpg]

The loco actually belongs to my son and, since he's no longer interested in trains, I'm selling off his stuff for him....just haven't got around to posting it, as I can't decide on prices. Nothing narrow gauge, though. Wink

Wayne
All new brass details are added, ...

[Image: ow-gondolas_10k.jpg]

... new hand brake staffs and brake wheels and brackets, retainer valve and pipe, uncoupling levers over whole car wide, removable air hoses - and I have done a lot of repairs on these very superficial soldered models.
Models have also received the new 5' archbar trucks from Tahoe Model Works. I think these are the best trucks, which you can get at the moment.

[Image: ow-gondolas_11k.jpg]

Also the brakes were reworked, so as a brake with hand brakes at both ends should be looking.
But some details have yet to be added. All outer corner irons are etched in the walls. I want to change and so I have to glue or to solder additional irons outward on the walls. And they must be fixed by bolts or rivets.
But can I solder onto the walls - in all cases under the grab irons? I think that I should use plastic strips and glue them on walls?
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Wayne, your granddaughter has a nice eye for photography.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Excellent pictures this week guys.

Here's an old New Haven whistle post on the trail that was once the Naugatuck Branch of the New Haven. The trail is known as the Susan B. Grossman trail and no where along the trail is a sign of it's lineage. This post is the only way, if you're a rail fan, that you'd know trains actually rode this right of way. My understanding is that's how a lot of the old ROW's are being treated that are being turned into walking trails. No history as to the trails beginnings.

Attached Files Image(s)

Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.