Weekly Photo Fun - May 9th-15th
A few freshly-done freight cars.

This one's a $4.00 Train Miniature car from the LHS. It was a new-in-box undecorated kit. Paint is Floquil with custom lettering from C-D-S:

[Image: RECENTFREIGHTCARS029.jpg]

Another NiB TM kit, formerly a CNR boxcar. I added a few details, some Floquil paint and C-D-S dry transfers:

[Image: RECENTFREIGHTCARS024.jpg]

This one's a similar TM car which was already in service, but originally lettered for PMcK&Y. Here it is in its new paint and lettering:

[Image: RECENTFREIGHTCARS013.jpg]

Another NiB $5.00 kit from the LHS, this one by Tichy. It replaces the original version of the one shown above. Paint from Floquil, C-D-s lettering:

[Image: RECENTFREIGHTCARS023.jpg]

Another $5.00 bargain, again NiB, this one by Sylvan:

[Image: RECENTFREIGHTCARS002.jpg]

The boxcar shown below is a Red Caboose car which I painted and lettered several years ago. While the B&O's M-26 boxcars were copies of Pennsy's early X-29s, the car shown, unbeknownst to me at the time, is too modern :oops: Misngth

[Image: TrainBrain140.jpg]

A generous friend recently gave me another Red Caboose kit, this time for an early X-29. Paint from Floquil, with C-D-S lettering:

[Image: RECENTFREIGHTCARS021.jpg]

...and here's the earlier faux pas, re-done as a newer PRR X-29:

[Image: RECENTFREIGHTCARS025.jpg]

While I like this Intermountain SFRD reefer, it's a year or two too modern for my layout, so it's headed to a new home.

[Image: Reeferhatches010.jpg]

I replaced it with two similar ones, but painted them to represent the cars as they were originally painted. Here's one of them. Lettering is from Microscale:

[Image: RECENTFREIGHTCARS003.jpg]

Finally is this modified Accurail car. It represents a USRA-style wood reefer, a car from which the prototype steel reefers shown above were re-built. The older style paint scheme was done in Floquil, with lettering from Microscale, CBT Shops, and Champ:

[Image: RECENTFREIGHTCARS028.jpg]

[Image: RECENTFREIGHTCARS027.jpg]

Wayne
Dear Doc,
a very successful work and almost a whole train! Congratulation!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
After my last pictures in March WPF now I can show the finished version of Decker reefers.

[Image: decker-reefer_21kk.jpg]

[Image: decker-reefer_20kk.jpg]

Ready for roll! Maybe that they will get a bit dust however that's all.
In June I will travel to annual US-Fremo meeting in Unna with a large modular layout and after I will present a few more pictures here.
Thanks for your interest!

A special thank to my friend Joerg in Leipzig, Germany for his very good paint job and his fotos!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Great additions to the fleet Doc Thumbsup ---does this mean there might be a sale on old or modern rolling stock Goldth
Some great additions to your fleets, guys!

Here is a water tower I have been fixing up. I built it about 20 years ago - the base is poured plaster, the tank is a toilet paper tube with cardboard strips glued to the sides. The bands were just copper wire twisted at the ends. I had to repair chips in the plaster base, re-add the spigot, and am adding shingles to the roof and other details.

Attached Files Image(s)

--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
GVR 5430 out for a Friday afternoon cruise.

[Image: gvr5430b.jpg]

While showeing off her new LED headlights. They are a wee bit bright. Eek

[Image: gvr5430a.jpg]

Some details for the curious,loco is a Athearn bluebox U28-B that I have owned for about 20 years.She has DCC,LED lighting getting ditchlights soon. Hi short hood is kitbashed from origonal low hood and sheet styrene.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
I've been working on my Railbox fleet. Here's an Athearn bluebox that I painted and decaled:

This type of Railbox, XAF10, went to Class Is in the early 1980s. Athearn RTR brought one of the XAF10s out in a later scheme that these cars didn't get, because they had already left RBOX ownership. However, I like the scheme, and I'm not sure how closely I checked this out before I got the car:

Most of the XAF10s were simply patched, keeping the yellow Railbox scheme but relettered for the Class Is. Athearn RTR brought one out fully painted for Santa Fe. I haven't been able to find a photo of a car like this on line, but it looks reasonable to me:

Here is the underframe. I've done this on some, but not all, of my cars. I do replace all Athearn bluebox or RTR coupler pockets with screw mount Kadees.

Here is an E&C Shops FBOX. I'm really sorry E&C, LBF, and Hubert's are defunct.

I've ordered a bunch of new tag decals, and this is in the queue.
Very nice start this week Thumbsup

The conductor from Conrails WPMA-19 walks up to speak with the plant foreman on what the delay is,

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

I was working in Jersey under the Pulaski skyway yesterday (in the rain of course), at the St. Paul's Ave grade crossing. I had my camera, and did manage to do some railfanning. A solid train of containers and trailers heading west went by around 8am, and was the only train to go past us all day. Must have been a slow day for NS. As you can see from the shots, NJT has a fly over in the background, but it's not the most ideal place for getting good pics.        
I caught this motorist trying to beet the crossing gates as they slid to a stop.        
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
e-paw Wrote:I was working in Jersey under the Pulaski skyway yesterday (in the rain of course), at the St. Paul's Ave grade crossing. I had my camera, and did manage to do some railfanning. A solid train of containers and trailers heading west went by around 8am, and was the only train to go past us all day. Must have been a slow day for NS. As you can see from the shots, NJT has a fly over in the background, but it's not the most ideal place for getting good pics.

[Image: file.php?id=21668]

OOOO Thats actually a shame that locomotive is so obscured! That is one of the very last GP40FH-2 locomotives. I think all of NJ Transit's GP40FH-2 locomotives are out of service, and many have been completely rebuilt into completely different locomotives. NJT's survivors pretty much only do work trains, rarely. Metro North's 4903 is probably one of the last of the type in service.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
MP54s under wire.

I'm going to have to replace all of this wire, since the steel is not holding up well. Unfortunately, the Phosphor bronze is not as strong. I might have to go to a thicker wire, or move the catenary poles closer. It would also help if I had some way to temporarily anchor the wire.

[Image: P4241711.jpg]
GEC... Did NJT repaint and renumber the X-CNJ geeps? I thought I saw one that same day, but didn't get a good look at it or have the camera ready.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Wow! You are all on fire this week! Excellent work Wayne & Bernhard!

Here's a shot taken at St. Pamphile's newly ballasted team track.

[Image: IMG_3776c_zps0783fef0.jpg]

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
e-paw Wrote:GEC... Did NJT repaint and renumber the X-CNJ geeps? I thought I saw one that same day, but didn't get a good look at it or have the camera ready.

They did, all are in service as far as I know, and they are in their original number NJT number block, but not their original NJT numbers, with the exception of #4101.

In fact, when they were last rebuilt, almost all of the CNJ specific details were removed from them, making them nearly identical to the more modern GP40PH-2A/B types. So far as I can tell, only the hood-mounted bell gives the ex-CNJ GP40Ps away.

Here are the numbers-

Original-->Conrail #-->1991-93 Rebuild #

CNJ 3671 --> NJT 4100 --> NJT 4106
CNJ 3672 --> NJT 4101 --> NJT 4101
CNJ 3673 --> NJT 4102 --> NJT 4110
CNJ 3674 --> NJT 4103 --> NJT 4111
CNJ 3675 --> NJT 4104 --> NJT 4102
CNJ 3676 --> NJT 4105 --> NJT 4103
CNJ 3677 --> NJT 4106 --> NJT 4109
CNJ 3678 --> NJT 4107 --> NJT 4112
CNJ 3679 --> NJT 4108 --> NJT 4105
CNJ 3680 --> NJT 4109 --> NJT 4107
CNJ 3681 --> NJT 4110 --> NJT 4100
CNJ 3682 --> NJT 4111 --> NJT 4104
CNJ 3683 --> NJT 4112 --> NJT 4108
Leetown 1947

[Image: b7e135fc-f8fc-4d25-903f-7fc407ef4d5f_zps97d4080d.jpg]