SpringRail 5/17/14 Alhambra CA
The Los Angeles Division of the NMRA will be holding the 5th annual SpringRail Meet on May 17
2014 at the First Christian Church 220 5th St Alhambra CA 91801. SpringRail starts with a swap meet. There will be clinics all day on a variety of subjects including diesel painting, freight car weathering, grass modeling, DCC installation, layout wiring & backdrop painting. During the lunch there will be a Hobo auction. And there will also be Time Saver switching contests on 3 different versions of John Allen's layout. See the attached flying for more info.

Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
ATSF/LAJ Ry Fan & Modeler
I wouldn't be caught dead in California these days, especially not in LA. Too bad they couldn't have chosen a more viable venue.
Where else but Los Angeles would the LA Div. of PSR NMRA have this meet. We're certainly not going all the way to CO to have it. So you're not welcome. LOL
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
lajry Wrote:Where else but Los Angeles would the LA Div. of PSR NMRA have this meet. We're certainly not going all the way to CO to have it. So you're not welcome. LOL

Understood, but the fact remains that LA is a terrible place for non-Californians to go to. And, having lived n California part of my life, I distinctly recall some far more attractive areas right around LA itself.

As for not being welcome, since when did Californians start turning down money? Especially from Colorado, which is where disillusioned Californians end up by the thousands. Something about "quality of life"... Icon_lol
Well mountainboy you're welcome to your opinions but what on earth do they have to do w/ NMRA meets. NOTHING! Don't they have any in CO?
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
Here's some more info on SpringRail.

Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
Andy,Sounds interesting..

I won't be in attendance..Just a tad to far to drive--------------------from Ohio.. Icon_lol
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Well if you're in the NMRA there nothing says your Division can't have their own meet like this.
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA