La Ciénaga Switch
The Norhern Marches of the Empire have warmed slightly today so a bit of progress has been made. This is going to Nicks TVNAM show next month as a work in progress. The name (which means "The Swamp") is a bi-lingual pun as the railroaders refer to it as "Lacking a switch" because the layout doesn't have any - it has two bolt-on sector plates 30" long each Total length is 96". A lot more vegetation/fencing to be added, and I hope to get some roof ducting and details added before the show. Depending on the stock used the location can be changed between Florida, and Southern California/New Mexico

Looking good ! Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Good Lord, Jack, that was quick!

Looks the part already notwithstanding it's a WIP.

I rather like the pastel shades which simply scream 'Florida'. Simply amazing the atmosphere that can be achieved in such a small space. I'll bet it's enjoyable to operate too. Very we'll done!

Perhaps you should place under the layouts section, Jack, as I almost overlooked it here.

jonte
A little more has been added mainly some cooling equipment on roofs - are you coming to TVNAM? - if so you'll be able to see it - and maybe even play!
Hi, Jack.

That's very tempting; thank you.

Unfortunately, I'm abroad for TVNAM so won't be able to make it. Perhaps a video of the layout in action in lieu of my visit would be a consolation?

Good luck, anyway, and keep us posted re developments.

jonte
Jack,

That is very nice. Super job. The right amount of everything.

Larry
I think this time the colors are the best. They blend together perfect. The lettering on the facia is the perfect match. The light brown and the green is like eye candy to me.
Reinhard
Gentlemen - thank you! Your comments mean an awful lot to me
Looking good Jack....
But where is the alligator?? 219
Genetk44 Wrote:Looking good Jack....
But where is the alligator?? 219

They only come out at night - they don't like the actvity during the day!
Gene - ref your query about the alligator -I suppose I could have a three-legged dog on the layout!
35 Icon_lol
hehehehe! Cheers
Jack,

Got my dates mixed up: thought Tvnam was later than the 14th. I'm away the following week as it happens. Still won't be able to take you up on your kind offer, however, as I'll be required to help with some last minute running round Sad I'm sure you understand how 'domestic' responsibilities dictate!!

Regards,

jonte
Jonte - fully understand the joys of Domesticity - however have a good break when you get to it!
Thanks, Jack.