Layout plan help
Gents….I'm starting construction of my next layout and need some help.

I'm almost finished the baseboards…3 boards each 4ft x 1ft….I'm figuring about 8-8 1/2 feet of scenic area and the rest to sector plate/fiddle yard. As you can see i'll have plenty of room to play with.

I'll probably multi-mode both in locale (NA and UK) and timeframe (grouping to 1960). HO/OO.

What I'm looking for is either a nice, not-overly crowded with track, harbour/port layout…I was thinking something that might be used with and without a car-float.

So I've gone through my collection of magazines and my track planning books including Rices books but haven't seen anything that I'm totally thrilled with, I did see a couple that I might use…but they aren't my first choice.

Any suggestions or help would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers
Gene
Gene - does Wichards Wharf - from a way back pre MTI article ring a bell? It was built in O gauge, in Australia, in a pair of Ammunition boxes - as it may be useful I'll send it by email - the pages are too big to upload here
Best
Jack
I knew I could count on you Jack. No it doesnt sound familiar....but my model railroading only started 14 years ago...so I have no knowledge of pre-MTI days. I did see a layout trackplan for Watchet Wharf I believe it was called but not the one you are talking about.