And you thought that this hobby was expensive
Precision Scale Co. is putting out a B&O C-16 0-4-0T in brass for only $1675. I'm sure that it will be an exquisite model, but wow. I suspect that Bill Gates will get a few.

http://www.brasstrains.com/NewBrass/Proj...-16-0-4-0T
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
There, Eek is one thousand six hundred seventy five reasons why I learned the art of scratchbuilding !!! Icon_lol

For that price it better look as good as the photo of the prototype, make smoke, sound, and work perfectly for at least 1675 years !!

It would make my evil side very happy to see Precision Scale get stuck with every one of those.

There, is a true definition of "Highway Robbery".....Really !!! ?????? :o $1675.00 for an HO scale 0-4-0T Switcher?!! Icon_twisted

The most I ever paid for a brass locomotive was $475.00, and that was for a B&O EL3a 2-8-8-0, that was out of production.
The people who were standing around me were horrified that I intended to paint, letter, and weather it. Wink They, were "collectors".
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:There, Eek is one thousand six hundred seventy five reasons why I learned the art of scratchbuilding !!! Icon_lol

For that price it better look as good as the photo of the prototype, make smoke, sound, and work perfectly for at least 1675 years !!

It would make my evil side very happy to see Precision Scale get stuck with every one of those.

There, is a true definition of "Highway Robbery"......Really !!! ?????? :o $1675.00 for an HO scale 0-4-0 Switcher?!! Icon_twisted

But it's BRASS, and everyone knows that brass costs 1675% more than plastic to make something out of. Icon_lol Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Wink 357 357 for that price it should be GOLD 357 357 --------and that's assuming that the price of the same weight of Gold, would actually be less than the loco. Icon_lol
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
ezdays Wrote:
Sumpter250 Wrote:There, Eek is one thousand six hundred seventy five reasons why I learned the art of scratchbuilding !!! Icon_lol

There, is a true definition of "Highway Robbery"......Really !!! ?????? :o $1675.00 for an HO scale 0-4-0 Switcher?!! Icon_twisted

But it's BRASS, and everyone knows that brass costs 1675% more than plastic to make something out of. Icon_lol Icon_lol

That's a lot of GERN used in the production of this locomotive. I think that I'll stick to my Varney Lil Joe.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Just one more comment before I get committed, 35 but it really takes a lot of brass by the manufacturer, (ie: Impudent, aggressiveness) Icon_lol to ask those prices, even if it is made out of brass. Misngth

If you decide you want one, I have an alternate 4-2-2 for around $25. Also brass, or maybe copper :? , but at that price, who cares?.... Thumbsup

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
for an 0-4-0?!?!?!?
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
How about brass/factory painted/DCC ready models of all the NS Heritage units? http://www.overlandmodels.com/showroom.p...ame_id=916 From this page click on the link "NS Heritage Series 'HO' Scale" to view all 20 models.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
There should be rules about opening a post like this. I just logged into it and am very happy that I have an appointment with my cardiologist this Thursday---after reading this, I need it! 35
Why that's cheap compared to the C&O Allegheny-only $3,060.00.

Better reserve yours today!
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Brakie Wrote:Why that's cheap compared to the C&O Allegheny-only $3,060.00.

Better reserve yours today!

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted OK, but, there's probably eight times the amount of brass in that Allegheny, and three times the number of drivers, and a ton more detail, than any 0-4-0T. My B&O C-16a ( the C-16 without the tank and with a tender )
[[ Two of the 16's were modified, and fitted with tenders ]] in brass, from Gem, Only cost me around $40.00.
Any hobby is as expensive as you want it to be, or, rather, don't want it to be. Don't like the price of a product? Don't buy it. It's that simple. There has always been a high end to the hobby that's out of the reach of 95% of its enthusiasts. So what?