Quick question
What track does hon3 run on? I think it runs on n scale track but I am not sure.
Marcie
Failure is not an option!
Geaux Tigers!
Quick answer...
Yep!
Traditionally HOn3 is run on N scale track. But latley there are some manufacturers that make true HOn3, and HOn30 track. Though you still use N scale drives, and wheelsets, the spacing of the ties give it that "Narrow" guage look.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
HOn3 has been, and is run on HOn3 track. I've been in HOn3 for over 20 years now.
HOn30, has been N scale mechanisms with modified HO scale "superstructures" for some time now, and I believe the statement that HOn30 track, most likely N track with a different tie spacing, similar to On30 track, is now available.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I knew someone smarter than me would have the right answer.
I'm such an idiot..........
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:I'm such an idiot..........

"I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing!" Wink Big Grin Icon_lol

Andrew
I'm not a complete idiot either,- I got a smart mouth. 35

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx
Glad to see you found your way, MJ !!!
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Generally, the ~n3 and ~n2 gauges are run on accurate scale track while the ~n30 gauges run on track for the scale that is about half the modelled scale.
HOn3 track is 10.5 mm gauge while HOn30 runs on 9mm N gauge track (scales out to 30.85").
On3 runs on 3/4" gauge while On30 run on HO's 16.5mm (31.06").
For 24" gauge, the Brits use N gauge track and call it OO9; this works out to 27" in 4mm scale. (we'll use this to model Wales West!)
And I'll just mention HOe and HOm which are European designations for??
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:I knew someone smarter than me would have the right answer.
I'm such an idiot..........

ya, "better you than me" ............ Misngth

Oops , I fergot , you're not terminal or handicapped or insane, are you, Ed? Goldth Goldth

(now, don't start in on me...)
Cid
Does not N-scale track scale to 30.9" in HO?

So it might be quite narrow for 3' gauge. There is HOn3 track available.

Eek IIRC, ya know
Cid
Quote:HOn3 track is 10.5 mm gauge while HOn30 runs on 9mm N gauge track (scales out to 30.85").

Sorry, David, I missed that you had already posted this! 35 Cheers
Cid
Thank you to everyone for sharing your knowledge
Marcie
Failure is not an option!
Geaux Tigers!