Weekly Photo Fun 7/11 - 7/17/14
Caught up with WPMA-29 as it had just arrived to work the Absecon Mills Flour Plant. Here's some shots of them switching.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

They complete the switching and recouple to 9506, the conductor then walks back to 9608 and after a short time they depart.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Great weathering on those Rock Island boxcars!
Ralph, I don't think they are boxcars Icon_lol But I agree, excellent weathering!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Is it me, or does the engineer look like Al Roker? Icon_lol
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Here's a project I been working on.Its the office for Urlermon's Transloading-a SummerSet Ry/Slate Creek Rail contractor..I have 2 of these buildings..The other is used for ?? still debating.

[Image: 100_0981.jpg]

Bruce,Nice weathering..I like the wee conductor. Thumbsup
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Mike Kieran Wrote:Is it me, or does the engineer look like Al Roker? Icon_lol

Now you know what Al did before he became a weatherman. Icon_lol
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
bdw9535 Wrote:They complete the switching and recouple to 9506, the conductor then walks back to 9608 and after a short time they depart. Bruce

and the 9608 and it's crew serves the next customers down the road

[Image: IMG_3470_zpsf1629f53.jpg]
The wooden fence in the background is another try of water colors.
Reinhard
Here is my coal tower under construction still but coming together fairly nice so far.

Yesterday and tomorrow in one place. :mrgreen:

[Image: First-Last.jpg]

1980 on the left 2014 on the right.Somewheres around 2000 I changed the lettering font and added the safety stripes
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
nachoman Wrote:Ralph, I don't think they are boxcars Icon_lol But I agree, excellent weathering!

Blame it on my early morning eyes! Coffee...needed coffee. Now that I look again I see the chutes under the cars....I think my one lonely RI boxcar may have affected my perceptions....

[Image: 001_zps86ecdef8.jpg]
From Danbury Rail Museum.
Pennsy Weight Test car, With a restored Budd RDC-1 behind it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Interior shot of the RDC-1

Attached Files Image(s)

Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Some shots from Maywood NJ along the NYS&W. Both of these shots are from the former Maywood chemical plant, now a superfund site that I was working last week.

Here's a cut of tank cars being unloaded near the south end of the plant.    

This track is for loading the gons to be filled with contaminated material as part of the ongoing cleanup here. The large structure above the cars is there to provide fall protection for the laboriours that fill the cars. They attach harnesses to the steel work that will stop them from hitting the ground if one of them should fall of the railcar. On the left is the "dirty "dirt that will be loaded for shipment to a processing plant where it will be incinerated. All the cars are empty in this shot as the Suzy Q dropped them on the loading track the night before. The NYS&W main is just to the right of the fence.    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Erie Northshore train on Grand Valley track through South Cayuga:

[Image: 033.jpg]

Wayne