New HO member
Hello, I am migrating from N to HO. I have a 10x13 room to dedicate to trains. I have heard great things about this site and wanted to test the waters before I really start a build thread. I do not own any HO locomotives or rolling stock yet but am very excited about the possibilities!

I have heard this is a very warm and welcoming site. I hope it holds to be true!
Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are
Welcome to our party,lots of friendly helpful people here. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
I will second Catt's comment and also say welcome TrainHo. This is a very welcoming and polite site where members will try and find the answers to any members question.
Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
A warm welcome from the other side of the big pond too
Reinhard
Welcome aboard. Welcome
faraway Wrote:A warm welcome from the other side of the big pond too
Welcome from the the other side of the other big pond.
Cheers, the Bear. Big Grin
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
Thanks folks! I appreciate the welcome. As it turns out a statement I made in my introduction post is not true now. I ordered an Intermountain ES44ac in KCS colors with DCC and tsunami sound last night! I can't wait to get that loco in my grubby little hands!
I join the others in saying Welcome Welcome Welcome We look forward to seeing what you're doing and just talking to you if that's what you want to do. We do a lot of that here. It's good to see you stop by.... Big Grin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Welcome aboard. Some of the N gauge fellows may shun you Eek but we ho gaugers are allways glad to have another guy on board. Dcc and sound is a darned good start.
Charlie
Welcome!

I made the switch from N to HO some 24 years ago now, I was about 20 at the time.
Over time your interests change, I wanted more and finer detail , and there was just a lot more choice in HO too, those were my reasons at the time.
I don't think I'll switch back as I am getting older and HO is currently a good size for me to handle. Who knows, I may one day need to go O gauge :-)

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
TrainHo, Welcome Welcome Welcome

I do hope you will find this a long term, comfortable place, to share your hobby ( and that includes both HO, and N scale if you wish ).
I am primarily active in HO scale, I do have an N scale module that occasionally gets to shows, and still have locos, and rolling stock in N scale. I also have three modules 2' X 4' for a total of 2' X 12' ( that is currently sitting idle ), that will someday be an On30 "Switchback" to get lumber loads up to the top of a bluff where they can be high-lined down to a Lumber Schooner, anchored below.
There is a lot going on here, and always something new to learn, so come on in, sit down, and enjoy our shared hobby in a friendly and supportive environment. Cheers Cheers
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
TrainHo Wrote:Thanks folks! I appreciate the welcome. As it turns out a statement I made in my introduction post is not true now. I ordered an Intermountain ES44ac in KCS colors with DCC and tsunami sound last night! I can't wait to get that loco in my grubby little hands!

Can I suggest that you wash your grubby little hands before you excitedly open the box of that wonderful loco painted in KCS's delightful 'Southern Belle'. That is definitely one loco you dont want to weather inadvertently. 35 Wallbang
Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Hi there! Glad you could join us!
Thanks again folks! I appreciate the welcome. I look forward to becoming a contributing member of this community.
I'll join the chorus and I'm sure you'll find a bunch of well-mannered and knowledgeable folks ready to lend a hand, or just shoot the breeze... Welcome
Gus (LC&P).