External Links
Is it possible to set external links to automatically open a new window/tab?

Thanks,

Andrew
??
That discussion did come up once before and it was decided not to do that. I'm not sure if we'd be able to differentiate between internal links (other forum threads) or external links. Also, all web browsers now have a right click -> open in new tab/window option. The html compatibility standards say you should not make links open in new windows as well.
path Wrote:I'm not sure if we'd be able to differentiate between internal links (other forum threads) or external links.

That's fine - I would not mind if even internal Gauge links opened in a new window.

path Wrote:Also, all web browsers now have a right click -> open in new tab/window option. The html compatibility standards say you should not make links open in new windows as well.

I must have an "old school" Mac mouse, 'cuz there's only one button... Wink Big Grin

path Wrote:That discussion did come up once before and it was decided not to do that.

I guess I missed that one... 35 But if that's the final decision, I'll stop asking. 8-)

Andrew
path Wrote:That discussion did come up once before and it was decided not to do that. I'm not sure if we'd be able to differentiate between internal links (other forum threads) or external links. Also, all web browsers now have a right click -> open in new tab/window option. The html compatibility standards say you should not make links open in new windows as well.

Andrew is correct on this one, sometimes we take for granted that everyone has upgraded to a Windows operating system.
There are some people still using "old school" MACs. New Apple computers are becoming better as they dual boot into Windows, that way you can not only draw pretty pictures with your MACs, you can switch to Windows and be productive. Icon_lol

Not to worry, Bill Gates owns a fair chunk of Apple and every time Apple drops the ball and makes a bad product that needs a recall, he buys more stock. This seems to be happening more and more, Apple seems more concerned with iPhones, iTunes and QuickTime than with computers, MAC OS now has less than 3% of the market.
Will Annand
CVR in N Scale
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.muskokacomputes.com/CVR-Home.html">www.muskokacomputes.com/CVR-Home.html</a><!-- w -->
I use an after market two button mouse on my Mac. But, if you press the Control button while clicking, it will give you the right click menu.
Hi Pat,

Thanks for the update. I am aware of the Ctrl-click option. I was hoping that opening a new window would become the default behaviour, so we never navigate away from Big Blue... Wink Big Grin But now I have an excuse to go and buy a new Mighty Mouse or whatever the two-button wireless mouse with scroll ball in it is called... Thumbsup

Cheers,

Andrew