WPF 10/31 to 11/7
little late start on the Photo thread this week. So here we go....
I grabbed a bunch of shots of the interior of the ARHS FA-2 during our work session today. Along with help from the Delaware Lackawanna railroad we will be rebuilding this former LIRR unit back into a working locomotive..

We striped the cab so that new equipment could be installed and the floor replaced.    

That tall box in front of the fireman's position is a refrigerator. A nice amenity that ALCO had installed in this unit, we will be relocating it to the nose section.    

Here's a shot on the 1600 HP power plant from the main electrical cabinet looking towards the rear of the locomotive.    

There goes the control stand.    

The last shot is from the rear of the unit looking forward. that tall cylinder is the driveshaft for the roof top fan . It's mechanically driven through a gearbox from the prime mover.    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
E-paw...Is this same loco you've been working on in another thread..??
Could you post the link to that thread..??

Thanks... Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
The engines from the other thread are an ABA set of DL&W F-3's. shown here.
    The engine in the last group of pics is an FA-2 most likely to be painted for the Lehigh Valley, not set in stone yet. It's this engine.    
Here is your link.
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5061">viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5061</a><!-- l -->

And a shot of them together

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Housy GP-35's #3601 and 3602 at rest on the main across from the Cannan Country Club, and in front of the Housatonic engine house.

Attached Files Image(s)

Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
WPMA-17 was early so no train shots. The grain harvest is in full swing so grabbed some shots at the truck unloading shed at AGWAY.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

I like the old Brockway with the Fruehauf trailer!!!!! Thumbsup
Grand River Railway, Preston Ont. 1959?
Overhead looks to be down.

LE&N 335 at Peston. 1959?

Photographer unknown, slide courtesy Mike Filey, now in my collection.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
kamerad47 Wrote:I like the old Brockway with the Fruehauf trailer!!!!! Thumbsup

kamerad,

Thanks, the trailer model kit did not specify what make it was, just that it was modeled after a 1970's triaxle dump trailer. I removed and axle to make it a dual axle.

Bruce
[Image: dsc08834o1pw5.jpg]
BRC #211 leaving an industrial spur anywhere in Windy City.

Lutz