Excellent Article.....
...so far.
Every once in awhile, my father sends me a "care package" from Arizona, with train related magazines. The box usually contains issues of Trains, Railfan & Railroad and Railpace Magazine.

In the November, December 2008 issues of Railfan & Railroad is a two part article on the devoplopment of EMD's "E" locomotives. I've been reading the first part(In the white seat reading room), and even though I'm not a fan of transition era railroading, I'm finding this article pretty imformative and an excellent article.

If you don't have a subscription, to R&R, I highly recommend finding someone who does, or seeing if your local library has them. Of course...I will share my copies (after I'm done) with anyone who requests them.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Quote:If you don't have a subscription, to R&R, I highly recommend finding someone who does, or seeing if your local library has them.

I'll second that! There's a number of projects I've done, that R&R has been extremely helpful in providing either the inspiration, or the technical information I needed.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:
Quote:If you don't have a subscription, to R&R, I highly recommend finding someone who does, or seeing if your local library has them.

I'll second that! There's a number of projects I've done, that R&R has been extremely helpful in providing either the inspiration, or the technical information I needed.

Absolutely! There's a wealth of information in that magazine..

That is one of the six magazines I read..
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!