NSUPin SA N Scale Shelf Layout Idea
So I have completed and sold my "Lance Mindheim" style ISL Shelf layout and had a break from modeling.....long enough to take not of the new generation N Scale locos that are arriving on the scene with fine details as in the FVM GE ES44AC I acquired in NS colors. I'm more of a modeler than a train fanatic but modern US power is where my heart lies, even though I live thousands of miles away in South Africa. Here is my HO ISL http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=4271 using UP and SSW re-patched locos based on prototypes in the late 90's.

I have always wanted a Geneva Sub style layout with MU trains of Inter-modal cars or Hoppers and reefer units dragging through scenic areas or mountain passes, hence me wanting to get into N Scale so as to make use of the space I may have available.

Here is my basic idea, Intermodal yard and a few other industries on route to a mountain pass on the southern section of the island then dropping under the shelf to emerge again in the NE corner. Designed with a staging yard underneath that would just hold cars and with the possibility of having a continuous train running while swithich the Intermodal yard or any other industry...

let me know your thoughts...

Dimensions are 100mm x 100mm grid. N Scale code 55 track. Trying for a 400-450mm radius minimum. #10 on main and #6 in yards and smaller industries.
Oh....before anyone comments I realize there are no cross overs or turnouts to certain things like the exit of the intermodal yard. this is just a basic idea. I need to purchase the full version of anyrail to add more items 35
Had some time to weather and detail my FVM GE ES44AC

A very nice weathered model but the windscreen wipers are absolute outstanding.
Reinhard
HAHA Reinhard, they are not the best. I lost one and they not installed well. I have ordered new ones and will get a magnifier and better light when I do the next set. I also have some more grab irons to install to match the prototype.
Wonderful to have the hands and eyes to do that. Did you think about some alternative handrails too? The handrails are fine with a "normal" N scale model but together with those wipers.....
Reinhard
I like how your track plan has switching and continuous run
Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191
Well, I had to check the Kadee coupling to make sure it was a model. Thumbsup
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
That's actually amazing detail Work.

I find it mindboggling to think that it's in N scale
Gumpoleon Wrote:That's actually amazing detail Work.

I find it mindboggling to think that it's in N scale

Same here.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Wow! When I scrolled down I assumed the first pic of 8112 was of a prototype! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Hi,

Wow,fantastic work on the engine and also a nice plan for the layout.

Cheers,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835