Donald Duck's Garden Railroad
I recently came across a Donald Duck cartoon which I'm sure many of you will enjoy as it features his G Scale model railroad in his backyard as well as his two nemises Chip and Dale. I had the Little Golden Book of this cartoon as a kid called Donald Duck's Toy Train and according to my Mum it was one of my favorite books as a small boy. Some would argue that not much has changed, but then again those who loose their inner child just become grumble bums.

Here is the link [hopefully] <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/BzsQXN700ps">http://youtu.be/BzsQXN700ps</a><!-- m -->

If the link doesnt work then Google "Out of Scale"

train train train train train train train train train train train train train train train train

Hope you enjoy it and Merry Christmas

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Way back when (when television was new) the Disneyland show had an episode titled "Where do the Stories Come from?"
This show Walt's backyard railroad as inspiration for the cartoon.
There were at least 3 others on his staff who had backyard railroads (If you count Ward Kimball whose railroad was 3' gauge and ran into the front yard).
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
thanks for the link Mark.
Merry Christmas.
Charlie
BR60103 Wrote:Way back when (when television was new) the Disneyland show had an episode titled "Where do the Stories Come from?"
This show Walt's backyard railroad as inspiration for the cartoon.
There were at least 3 others on his staff who had backyard railroads (If you count Ward Kimball whose railroad was 3' gauge and ran into the front yard).

Yes I have read about Ward Kimball's railroad in TRAINS magazine, many credit it with being the inspiration for the Wild West mountain train at Disney World.
Walt Disney visited several times and operated the train under Wards supervision. The Wards collection is now safely preserved at a railroad park.
Mark
Charlie B Wrote:thanks for the link Mark.
Merry Christmas.
Charlie

Your welcome Charlie, I thought that many of you would enjoy it, and having access to it may come in handy over the festive season to entertain young and old alike. Merry Christmas to you and yours Charlie including your four legged family members.

Mark
Nice trip down memory lane! Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
I enjoyed it very much, thanks!

8-)
Andy Kramer - modeling the Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin
The Milwaukee Road is alive and well and running in my basement
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.milwaukeemodelers.net">www.milwaukeemodelers.net</a><!-- w -->