Weekly Photo Fun 1'23 - 1/29/15
As Charlie and Ed have said in the past interest in the WPF has dropped off considerably.
Just when I thought I was going to get a nice shot of 9602 going thru the intersection this truck pulls up!!

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

my latest adventure in model railroading, building a laser kit of a train station.

bdw9535 Wrote:As Charlie and Ed have said in the past interest in the WPF has dropped off considerably.
Just when I thought I was going to get a nice shot of 9602 going thru the intersection this truck pulls up!!

Bruce

Isn't that always the way Curse Or a nice location but power lines in the middle of the shot.
Stephen 

Modeling a freelanced, present day short line set in Nova Scotia, Canada. 

https://bigbluetrains.com/showthread.php?tid=9643
Stephen,

Since your an Alco fan , found these while out rail fanning this week at a sand plant in Newport, NJ.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

AF350,

On the laser kits to you have any problem with warping them over time?

Bruce
bdw9535 Wrote:Stephen,

Since your an Alco fan , found these while out rail fanning this week at a sand plant in Newport, NJ.

Bruce

Yes, yes I am Goldth IIRC the ME owns those units. Are they used as plant switchers or just stored?
Stephen 

You didn't happen to see this old girl in your travels?

[Image: IMG_0991m%20-%20Copy.JPG]
Stephen 

Hello everyone---the Leetown Division is home to some of CNR's largest and most powerful locomotives.These multi-purpose steam engines are ideally suited in helper service on the Stoney Creek incline just east of Leetown.Here's a trio of the "beeg boys" ready for today's action on the hill.Looks like another good day for the local railfanners.

[Image: 010_zpsb89b485c.jpg]

[Image: 3ea9978a-1e04-4a0b-a692-44681ffe9efa_zpslftcfmva-1.jpg]

[Image: 016_zpsf442902f.jpg]
bdw9535 Wrote:AF350,

On the laser kits to you have any problem with warping them over time?

Bruce

Being this is my first laser cut kit I am learning as I go, the long walls had a slight bend to them right out of the box, the openings for door and windows and the window subassemblies need a tiny bit of filing to fit snug with out breaking the wall.
Painting may be of concern as for warping. Tips I got from others who have built kits like this is to use supplied bracing and make additional bracing if necessary. I am using Gorilla wood glue no issues so far. I want to add lights to the outside and maybe do an interior as well. From what I have learned so far is do not rush but take time and enjoy the build.

I bought the kit from NMRA Mid central Division 6 the have them in HO, S and O scale. I got the O scale rather then the S as I figure bigger is more forgiving then the smaller scales when there is a mistake. If kit turns out alright when finished there are 3 kits I would like to try.

1. Wicked Wandas
2. Roubies saloon by Banta models
3.Silver Bull hotel & restaurant by Banta models
Quote:As Charlie and Ed have said in the past interest in the WPF has dropped off considerably.

I'm not losing interest though I prefer to see modeling pictures in this thread. Doesn't really matter though as I really don't have any projects to the finished stage anyway.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
AF350,

Thanks for the reply, considering getting the Yard Café by Blair Line but have been hesitant as the layout is in the unfinished section of the basement, no heat or AC.

Bruce
A milw. rd. 2-6-0 just leaving Tomah wis.

[Image: DSCF0261.jpg]

8-)
Andy Kramer - modeling the Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin
The Milwaukee Road is alive and well and running in my basement
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.milwaukeemodelers.net">www.milwaukeemodelers.net</a><!-- w -->
Railnet Wrote:Are they used as plant switchers or just stored?

Stephen,

They are just stored there, they use the front end loader with the mounted coupler to move around cars.

Bruce
Ed and Andy,

Nice shots from the steam guys. Goldth

Bruce
I got this here pitchur (photo courtesy of yer Secord Air Services) frum a un-named source. It's s'posedly depictures some sorta time-warp fantripper fer yer railway enthusee-asamists. The same source says that the contraption leadin' the train is a dee-sell (don't look like none we seen) and that it's s'posedly a ex-Erie Lackawanna C-425 built by the 'Merican Loky-motive Compny, repainted to a scheme which will s'posedly be used by the CN.
I doan no who thinks they're pullin' whose leg here, but is they talkin' 'bout the Erie or the Lackawanna? Last time I checked, they wuz two differin' railroads. An' besides that, sumbody left out the "R" in CNR - do they think we're stoopid or what?
I got on the telly-phone right away and called a feller over at the Leetown Shops an' he says that the CNR ain't gonna buy no C-425s nohow, whatever the heck they might be.
Another feller who knows about this kinda stuff says that the EG&E wuz a little leery 'bout leavin' the train in care of such a strange lookin' thing, and that they discreetly (that means kinda sneaky-like) tucked in one of their Mohawks right behind, just to make sure nothin' uneventful happens, like the dang thing quittin'.

[Image: DSCF2547.jpg]

Leon
(with apologies to Don Harron and all knowledgeable railfans)