Cannot view photos
Hello,
I became a member here because a Google search found that there was a discussion on this board that pertained to electromagnetic uncoupling. So.... after joining Big Blue, I found I still could not see the photos. When I Google "electromagnetic uncoupling" the first hit is:
*******************************************************************************************************************************************
Big Blue Trains • View topic - Electromagnetic Uncoupling That Works!
bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2939
May 31, 2010 - 15 posts - ‎5 authors
Yesterday I spent a good while getting all my e-mags ready for the layout in the new building. Since they go under the track, they have to go in ...
****************************************************************************************************************************************************
But when I click the link, I get this:
Text...... then a circle with a line through it telling me I am not authorized to see this image.

If this is a private email, then I would have thought I would not be able to see the text, but I can see the text, just not the image.

Is there a way I can view the images in this thread? From the text, it sounds like this fella has the answers to my questions.
Thanx.
CNR Mike
The image to which you refer is stored in Big Blue's Gallery. To view it within the thread, you need to be both a Member of Big Blue and logged-in. Since you're obviously a Member and were logged-in to explain your problem, I can't imagine why the pictures aren't visible - I went to the thread and the pictures are all there and visible.

Here's a LINK to the thread in question.

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:The image to which you refer is stored in Big Blue's Gallery. To view it within the thread, you need to be both a Member of Big Blue and logged-in. Since you're obviously a Member and were logged-in to explain your problem, I can't imagine why the pictures aren't visible - I went to the thread and the pictures are all there and visible.

Wayne

I'm not sure, but I think that he needs at least one post, and before this he didn't have any. I'll check and see, but if that's the case, he should be able to view those photos linked to the gallery now.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Wayne that link isn't working for me.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Tyson Rayles Wrote:Wayne that link isn't working for me.

The link seems to work for me, I did check it as a regular member just to be sure, and all the photos linked to the gallery work. Some took a few more seconds to load and I'm not sure why.

FYI, there is a possibility that we may have to shut down the gallery in the future anyway. We've been asking those that have links to photos there in threads they want to protect, to let us know and we'll find a way to embed those photos rather than link to them in the gallery. The gallery has caused us problems in the past and can even shut down Big Blue entirely for a minute or two under the right conditions. Packey has made some changes and for now, all is good, but we're still a bit uneasy about the gallery software. We prefer that everyone either upload right to the post, or link to Photobuckets or other photo-sharing sites.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
The link which I posted still works for me, too.
All the photos in Gary's thread should now be visible to all, as I've replaced the original Gallery photos with attachments.

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:The image to which you refer is stored in Big Blue's Gallery. To view it within the thread, you need to be both a Member of Big Blue and logged-in. Since you're obviously a Member and were logged-in to explain your problem, I can't imagine why the pictures aren't visible - I went to the thread and the pictures are all there and visible.

Wayne
Hi Wayne and thanx for your help. When I click the link in your message I can see the photos, and when I click the link in Google search I can now see the photos also. Not sure what was wrong, but it is OK now. FWIW, I tried at least 4 times previously to see those photos and was told I was not authorized. In any case, thanx!
I'm not sure what was originally wrong, either, but the photos are now visible because they've been re-done as attachments.

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:I'm not sure what was originally wrong, either, but the photos are now visible because they've been re-done as attachments.

Wayne

I still think that it's because he had not posted anything yet. One post is necessary to become a registered member and to view the contents of the gallery. I think the same thing applies to sending PM's too. I can't find anywhere where this is defined that way, but I'll see if I can't check it out and let you all know for sure.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and